Language

I am looking at moving to Brazil this year. What is best language program? Pimsleur?  Does anyone know the best, or have Pimsleur CD's and books to sell?

The best language program is the one that you can get into the fastest and dedicate most time to.

Portuguese is NOT an easy language to learn, unless you have had previous experience with another Latin based language. I would say from my own personal experience that nothing substitutes traditional classes with a native teacher and if you're taking any less than two classes a week you're wasting your time and money.

Even with 2 hours of classes per week you should do everything you can to immerse yourself in the language; listen to Brazilian music, read Portuguese texts, try and find your local Brazilian/Portuguese Community Association and start making Brazilian friends to talk to. The more you expose yourself to the language the better, and still when you arrive it's going to be a baptism by fire.

Cheers,
James        Expat-blog Experts Team

Todah rabah James! Thank you. It will be quire a switch from Hebrew and English. I can study everyday. And I'll have one to one when I arrive , but still yes a baptism by fire :)