Cost of living in Belarus – 2015

Hi all,

We invite you to talk about the cost of living in Belarus in 2015, with an updated price listing.

Don't forget to mention in which city of Belarus you are living in.

How much does it cost to live in Belarus?

> accommodation prices

> public transportation fares (tube, bus etc.)

> food prices (your monthly budget)

> health prices (for those who need medical insurance)

> education prices (if you need to pay)

> energy prices (oil, electricity)

> common bills (Internet, television, telephone, mobile phone)

> price for a good menu in a traditional restaurant

> price for a coffee or a drink

> price for cinema tickets

Do not hesitate to add items to this list! ;)

Thank you in advance for your participation.

Hello! I am a student living in Minsk and here are some of my spending costs:

accomodation prices. I live in a two bedroom apartment, one room is $160 which makes $320. Our apartment is actually pretty cheap in comparison with other ones. My friends, who are mostly also students pay about $200 +/- a month for a room in an apartment. From what I know an average monthly rent payment for a one bedroom apartment is $300 and over.

public transport. One ticket for a bus/subway(metro)/trolleybus and other public transport is 4 500 rubles which is about $0.33. I usually buy a mothly pass for the metro which is around 200 000 (maybe even more now, I'm not sure) which is  about $13.5 for now.

Health prices. I attend both gourvernment and private healthcare facilities. A doctor's consultation is about 150 000 - 300 000 roubles depending on what medicale center you go and what the qualification of the doctor is which is about $10 - $21. I haven't had anything major done at a private medicalcenter so I cannot say anything about the cost.

For home facilities like water/gas/electricity we pay a bit over 400 000 rubles which is about $28.

A cinema ticket costs about 60 000 rubles which is $4. Whenever I go to a cafe/bar I spend about 150 000 - 300 000 which is $10 - $21. I don't go to very expensive places, when I go somewhere more "fancy" the sum could be twice or thrice as big (once again depending on the cafe/bar/restaurant). If you buy only oridinary tea or coffe it costs $1 -$3

We pay 160 000 for the internet with a max speed of 500kb, but our internet is about 100kb. That's $11

I hope this information helps! Have a nice day  :)