Dancing Salsa

Hi there!

me and a friend of mine we like to go dancing salsa in clubs. It's fun, really good for the mood and an excellent way to socialize and to meet people.

Most of the times the entrance is free, so it is not a problem if you are on a budget.

If you can't dance: for ladies is usually easy, they just need to follow the man. I danced many times with girls that didn't dance before and it was quite ok.
For guys (guys i mean any age): i can teach you some basic steps that i know so you can be dancing in 10 minutes - hopefully :) -

Salsa is easy and you don't need to be perfect (for sure i am not) to enjoy. Neither the people dancing in the clubs are perfect...

So don't be lazy or shy and join us to have fun and enjoyng!

Cheers
Fabrizio
P.S. usually we meet at deak ter to go to the club, but we can meet also in the places, most of them in central areas

La Bodeguita (Dohány u. 57 I believe) every friday evening. Simply the best. Hungary isn't kingdom, it isn't republic, it is: dance studio.

Hi

thank you very much, i didn't know about this place. :)

I made a search on internet and found out that is in Dob utca 55.

Will visit it soon, pm me if you like to join.

I'll move to Budapest in October, and I definitely will join some salsa classes / party :)
will let you know when i'm there!!

Cheers!

Hi Gosia

nice to hear your enthusiasm!

I've never been to Poland and would like to know more about your country :)

For you and anyone interested in salsa classes: last saturday i saw in a club a really, really good dancer. I asked him about how many lessons he took etc.

He told me that he attends all year long from september one lesson per week at this school: www. salsafuerte.hu

I contacted them in english by email a couple of days ago to know more. I didn't get any answer yet, i'm not sure if they make courses for english speaking people.

If anyone contact them, please share your information. Thanks.

Hi,

I am moving to Hungary in January 2014 and am looking to find places to dance. I have a Bachelor of Fine Arts in Dance and perform/practice alot here in Australia and want to keep going it when I get to Hungary. Can you suggest anywhere? I am experienced in latin styles, jazz, tap contemporary... pretty much everything.

I would love your help on this as I am coming over as an English Immersion teacher so know no Hungarian :)

Cheers,
Megan

Is this Salsa Dancing Effort still ongoing? I did learn it many years ago. I just moved back to Budapest, and looking for work (and entertainment:) now - so, I am on a budget, so I am afraid, courses are out, at least for the moment.

hi Megan,

nice to hear that. For latin places: look at latinfo.hu/english, there you find every day which clubs are open and various information. For more information you can ask here or pm me.

I'm afraid, i don't know about places for jazz and other styles.

I also don't speak hungarian, like most of foreigners that live here, but with english you are generally fine.

Have a nice day
Fabrizio

hi fireroller, yes sure you can join to go salsa dancing. The post is not promoting courses, so you don't need to be afraid. It's just to invite and to know good minded people that want to spend nice evenings enjoying.

Pm me so we can talk about days and times.

Cheers
Fabrizio

Hi,

anyone knows this school:
salsatropical.hu/01_tanciskola_orarend.html
is it a good place?
I'm dancing salsa a little, but would like to take my boyfriend for classes so he can learn as well.

Hi Gosia

the help i can give you from my part:

i don't know this school, but i quickly checked the site and i can say that even if it is not looking very professional (sometimes this is a good sign, means more familiar), i would guess that this is a nice and friendly school. That's my personal impression.

Furthermore: position is very central and prices are quite regulars.

My 2 cents: try it!

Cheers
Fabrizio

Yes! I discovered them by chance but no one from their class quit learning there in years. Check Lili Garces on Facebook and her dance instruction links! Better yet: Go on any Friday evening to the Bodeguita (Dob or Dohány str. 57)!

Another idea for Gosia:

if we meet with you both (even in a club) i could teach to your boyfriend the steps that i know while he is dancing with you.

The salsa i dance is cuban.

I noticed in clubs that all people dance portorican salsa. That is nice but is the cuban salsa where is the real "spark" of the dance. And where the deeper connection between the dance partners can be reached. That's my convinction. And i see it in the ladies and feel in me when we dance it.

I think that could be taught in a few hours and you will definetly love dancing with him, i promise!

In exchange i guess there could be an ability that you or you both could teach to me that i could be interested in.

That's growing helping each other, i like it!

Anyway this is just an idea, i augur that you find the best way to learn salsa with your boyfriend.

Cheers
Fabrizio

Hi, I am in Budapest for the next five weeks... Would like to take salsa/bachata classes in english or French. Can you help me?

Greatly appreciate!

Hi Gosia,

I will be in Budapest for the next five weeks. Looking for English salsa/bachata instruction.. and parties. Do you have any advice?

Thanks greatly.
Dave from Bangkok.

Hello Dave,

Welcome to the forum :)

Please note that this thread has not been active since the year 2013. I suggest that you post an ad in the Budapest classes classifieds.

Shaazia
Expat.com Team

So sorry but I don't live in Budapest, so I cannot give any suggestions.

Regards,

Cynthia

Hi Shazzia,

Yes, this thread may be rather old, but I have contacted some of the posters.
Also its the most relevant thread to latin dancing that there is on Expatblog Hungary I suspect.
If one reads all the posts, one can 'mine' some decent info.Thanks for your suggestion though.

As far as going to Dance classes section, there is absolutely nothing on there.

@ davelifestyle > The section that Shaazia proposed to you might not be really active as there is actually only one offer listed. However if you wish that your ad get across more effectively, you can post an ad in this section.

Thanks

Priscilla  :cheers: