Help regarding EP cancel

Hello I'm Enrico and new here,

I've been working in Malaysia for 1 year and 5months and currently going for new company (Malaysia too)
Now, I have been told to cancel my current EP but the procedure is, getting a bit complicated for me.

Here's some quote from the mail:
1. Please cancel current pass and please collect the acknowledgement letter at Counter 1. 2. Please provide copy of e-filling LHDN 2013. 3. Please provide a release letter from previous company.

I don't understand both point 1. and 2.
What is the e-filling LHDN 2013? Is it the form I filled during tax season or another form?
And if I change employer now, I need to exit Malaysia for once than come back.
Also, does my salary will be deducted by 26% again?

Sorry for the long post!
Any help is appreciated

This is presumably instructions from your new company

1. Please cancel current pass and please collect the acknowledgement letter at Counter 1.
As your EP is associated to your current company, you (or they) should cancel it. It requires a copy of your resignation letter, a "no objection" letter from the current company saying they agree to release you on the agreed date.

2. Please provide copy of e-filling LHDN 2013.
You should have submitted a tax return in March 2014 so your annual tax situation was audited. They want a copy of that form you or your company sent to the tax office. The new company need also to have your Leavers Form i.e. you need to get your tax paid through the current company audited to make sure everything is in order.  This is a different process than the 2013 form. They need this so they know how to continue deducting tax.

3. Please provide a release letter from previous company.
This is the "no objection" letter mentioned above, i.e. your current company has to agree to release you.

The new employer wants all this in order to process the new EP.

You usually have to exit Malaysia and get a new entry date into the country. If the companies request that you dont have to do this (because of need for you in the new company) it may work.

You should continue paying normal tax deductions.

Hi Gravitas,

Thanks for the reply.
Yes this is all instructions from my new employer
There are still things I don't understand:

I started working on September 2013, so I don't have tax return of 2013. I do fill some kind of tax form in 2014 though.
Is it that that tax acknowledge form from 2014 that I need/can submit?
I only have an EA form from 2013.

I need to submit all this to the new employer right?

Thx in advance :)

You should have filed a tax audit file in March 2014 with the tax office, which covered the part of 2013 you worked in Malaysia. You should do it every year or else there are problems and you cant claim back overpaid tax, i.e. in a couple of months you need to file for 2014.

You have to sort out your tax as part of leaving one employer to go to another.

Usually an employer should provide you with some assistance and the figures for your annual tax deductions. But if not you can work it out from your payslips.

Hi Gravitas, thank you for the reply

I think this is where the problem is...
My current employer's HR once said she didn't understand what she has to do regarding this LHDN 2013.
If I just go to Hasil/LHDN Office (Cyberjaya is the nearest one for me), do you think can they help me sort this out?

I'm planning to go there tomorrow actually

You should go to the http://www.hasil.gov.my/index.php website for information. If you did not file a tax paper for 2013, then that should be your priority - because you are actually due a tax refund as you would have paid 25% and when that is linked to another year where you become tax resident i.e. in July 2014, you can claim back the difference between the flat rate and the stepped rate.

The tax office in Cyberjaya is the HQ and may not be your personal tax office. Although they do deal with tax associated with foreigners, you should ask HR where is your tax reporting office as they will have (or not have if you did not file) your tax case.