Job market in Perth

Hi
We received our PR visa 190 and are seriously thinking about moving to Perth within the next two- three months.
I currently employed in Laboratory equipment sales and would like to hear from anyone in a similar position as far as the current job market? regards Laurent

Perhaps check out www.seek.com.au

Thanks Stumpy,
I have looked thru seek website and seen plenty of jobs on offer that I would be suitable for.We heard and believe that you actually have to be in Perth to really stand an chance of getting a job. I am really multi skilled and prepared to do what it takes in the meantime to get going and settled.Our main concern is, from what we have read in some forums, that some ex-pats have been without work for 8 months or more.

Is this a true reflection of what we should expect?

Kind regards
Laurent

Fedeli wrote:

Thanks Stumpy,
I have looked thru seek website and seen plenty of jobs on offer that I would be suitable for.We heard and believe that you actually have to be in Perth to really stand an chance of getting a job. I am really multi skilled and prepared to do what it takes in the meantime to get going and settled.Our main concern is, from what we have read in some forums, that some ex-pats have been without work for 8 months or more.

Is this a true reflection of what we should expect?

Kind regards
Laurent

Agreed. It is a true reflection. Had good South African friend who came to Perth, spent 6 months there, did all sorts of courses relevant to his trade, had his SA tickets verified and changed to Oz tickets and never got a job. 

I have now been out of work for 9 months and cannot find a job in the civil construction, mining game even with 40+ years of experience.

jahmey wrote:

hello..mind share tha website..am in need of a job

According to your profile you are in Nairobi and looking to come to Australia.
It is not as easy as getting the website then applying for a job.

You first need a visa.   www.immi.gov.au or contact the Australian Embassy in Nairobi for visa information and applications.

To get a work visa  you have to have formal qualifications and experience. Unemployment is rising and even locals are finding it hard to get work and so it is almost impossible for overseas workers to get a job

You will also need a lot of money as Australia now the 6th most expensive country in the world to live in and Perth is the most expensive city to live in. Rents, food, transport, power, water etc are very pricey.
For cost of living www.numbeo.com   

The website you are looking for regarding work is www.seek.com.au