Music store HCMC

Hi all,

I am new in HCMC, just arrived 2 weeks ago. I did not bring my guitar with me or other musical stuff and I am thinking about buying a brand new one here.

Anyone knows a good music store in HCMC where I could have a look?
Until now, I've just seen a very small shop (in the tax department store I think) with very few guitars...

Any help is welcome
Thanks

G

There are a couple of place's opposite the New World hotel. I'll ask around I'm sure some friends will know better places.
What you after?

Nguyen Thien Thuat has a lot of guitar stores.

On my 1st trip, I was expecting HMV or Tower Records, but I was wrong...:lol::lol:

Check this link out.

guitarchitecture.org/2010/07/19/guitar-street-in-ho-chi-minh-city-vietnam/

Oh,moi ausi,je veux acheter un guitar pour apprendre a` jouer mais je sais pas ou`. Si vous l'avez achete', s'il vous plait donner moi des renseignements

Hi lolita_lolita145!

As you are on the anglophone forum can you please post in English?
You can interact in French on the francophone forum ;)

Thanks and regards
Armand

Hi all,

Thanks a lot for your answer.

WideAwake, I think I will have a look in this area this week-end.
laidbackfreak, I am quite into the project of buying an acoutic guitar or electro acoustic as I don t want to buy an ampli now.
But it can come later depending on what I play and who I play with.

I moreover has ProTools to record things but anyway would prefer using it with a static microphone instead of using the microphone of the guitar.

G

[Moderated: No free ad on the forum]

Hi ho chi minh makes some of the finest acoustics comparable to european & americans makes. So good in fact I started a FB page dedicated to VN guitars. Check out my link

facebook.com/pages/HS-Custom-Guitars/322834917738549

Guitar street is full of treasures. I found a vintage made in japan Guyatone hybrid tube amp in mint condition there for a song.

My elect gig is for sale if you are interested. Cort M600 (H/H DC Flamed Top) + Boss ME25 + Guyatone 30W Hybrid Tube Amp.

Can't get quality transducers for acoustics here. All cheap china & korean made. Good acoustics cost around $400 - $1000 depending on amount of custom inlay & woods used. Better off to mail order your own Fishmans and get them fitted here. You may also want to mail ordeer your own strings as the best money can buy here is only D'Addarios which sound really flat.

Always happy to share with a fellow guitarist.

Happy playing mate

Hue1964 wrote:

Hi ho chi minh makes some of the finest acoustics comparable to european & americans makes. So good in fact I started a FB page dedicated to VN guitars. Check out my link

facebook.com/pages/HS-Custom-Guitars/322834917738549

Guitar street is full of treasures. I found a vintage made in japan Guyatone hybrid tube amp in mint condition there for a song.

My elect gig is for sale if you are interested. Cort M600 (H/H DC Flamed Top) + Boss ME25 + Guyatone 30W Hybrid Tube Amp.

Can't get quality transducers for acoustics here. All cheap china & korean made. Good acoustics cost around $400 - $1000 depending on amount of custom inlay & woods used. Better off to mail order your own Fishmans and get them fitted here. You may also want to mail ordeer your own strings as the best money can buy here is only D'Addarios which sound really flat.

Always happy to share with a fellow guitarist.

Happy playing mate

Bro, you're selling away your cort? Shucks. Time to source for 1 in Singapore.

Hi Folks, my name is Kenny Hogan from SIngapore.I am a professional drummer/clinician and music educator. Planning to come to HCMC somwhere around Feb or March 2015 to teach drums and perform with like minded professionals. Appreciate your help since I do not know anybody there. Also finding a low cost place to rent a room. Thanks Mates!

Hello Kenny

kindly note that you are participating on a thread inactive since 2012, help was given to you on the thread you created ;)

Regards
Kenjee
Expat.com Team

Hey Kenjee,

Thanks for letting me know about this thread ;-)

Hi, We have a Yamaha wall piano and a guitar for sale.  The guitar was a gift for my son but he never used it.  Reply to me if interested.