Moving Expenses

Can anyone suggest a good international door to door shipping company? We'll be moving from Dallas,Tx to Panama this September. Any advice to give on moving? What is an average cost for moving the contents of a small two bedroom home?
Thank you for an help!

Hello bwadetx

You may ask for a quote from our partner in moving here : Moving to Panama

Hope this helps

Regards
Kenjee
Expat.com Team

I just received the quote for shipping 1000 pounds from the warehouse in Orlando, FL to our door in Panama City, Panama.........$2,850 warehouse to door..  The quote will be adjusted to an exact amount when the crate is weighed. 

We are using a local moving and storage company in Orlando, that we trust, who is an agent for Wheaton World Wide Shipping.  The local company gets the estimate from Wheaton and the estimate is only good for 15 days  (Fuel costs change).  Check to see if you can get good references for a local moving company in your area, who is an agent for one of the international shipping companies.  The local moving company will be the one doing the packing, pickup, or crating.

I suggest anyone deciding on what to ship, read the article, "Shipping Your Belongings Versus Buying New in Panama" on the PFR blog. You find it under the "More Tools and Tricks" header.   It may help you decide if it is worth the expense to ship heavy items.  Now that I live here, I agree with others that you really can buy almost everything in Panama.

I hope it is ok to mention the PFR blog on here.  It has a wealth of information for before and after moving to Panama.

Wow! It really is very expense! Sorry to show my ignorance but what is the PFR blog?
Thanks again for your continued help - I appreciate the support and friendliness of everyone I've received messages from on this site  :)

PFR is the Panama For Real site:  www.panamaforreal.com.  The blogger also has a thread on this site list...."Getting to know the Panama City streets", by member CMichael. 

As soon as I get the exact quote for our crate, I will post the amount.