Sending a parcel from Halmstad to the Philippines

I want to send my parcel using Posten but I am pretty worried when the parcel reach the Philippine Post. I've read a lot of bad experiences about the Phil. Post. Does anyone here experienced the same thing? Should I still send it through the Posten? It's too expensive to send it through DHL/UPS.

Ask you Posten about to send it registered or insured and the Fil-post will have to deliver or they will get fined from Swedish Posten. Try to send it "rekomenderat" - I think that is the cheapest way but still have tracking on delivery.

magnus wrote:

Ask you Posten about to send it registered or insured and the Fil-post will have to deliver or they will get fined from Swedish Posten. Try to send it "rekomenderat" - I think that is the cheapest way but still have tracking on delivery.

That is really good. The posten website seems to have a problem. I'll visit the nearest post instead. Anyway, THANK YOU. :-)

Post preview

Hi! Based in my experience . It will arrived in The Philippines. But the problem is ... It's in our home Country's corruption. Through my experience  way back ~while we lived in The Philippines, my father in- law's sent parcel contains 2 IKEA hanging lamp to us via POsten. And 3 months after ,i received a letter of Noticed from The Post Office. It said i needed to pick up the parcel from Sweden. So, i went in the post office right away after i read the letter. Surprisingly, when i arrived in the Post office. The officer told me, that i needed to pay some tax before they will hand me the parcel from Sweden. But according to my father in-law he already paid  enough extra charged in Sweden before he sent the parcel going to The Philippines. But the officer insist that we really need to pay tax and told me that it's our obligation with some very long blah, blah , blah ~explanation. And he told me the tax amount that i needed to be paid around 5,800 pesos according to his own computation. How Ridiculous it was! Jesus!  Of course, i did not pay that crazy tax! It's almost the price of the lamp. It was crazy! So, i told the officer, i don't have had money to pay that tax and i told him i lived very far and i just came to pick that parcel from Sweden... And  i told him some more drama so he will be satisfied enough and believe me that i don't have had enough money to pay that stupid lies. Plus, (that time i just wear very simple house clothes! )LOL it makes the officer more convinced. Until, he told me to went into a small room with so many parcel inside  and he toke away from me the receipt of 5,800 pesos tax that he issued to me. And the officer told me : "Okay, i will toke this receipt. Just give me all the money you have had in you." ... So, i just show my coin purse  contains 400 pesos bills and some coins. And i told him " that's the only money i have had  in my coin purse if you take everything ..i can't go home to commute going home sir" (even ,it's all lies i had taxi service outside waiting for me) He replied: "Okay, give me your 300 pesos instead" and he already handed me the parcel from Sweden. So, i gave up! I handed the 300 pesos to him.The important is i had already the Parcel. So, i can go home ~ that's all that matters to me.  And he ripped off the receipt of the 5,800 pesos and told me. " let's forget about it," and he let me to signed something about Records of Released Parcel.  Second bad  experience from the post office again, my mother in-law sent some clothes for my 1year old daughter bought  from Lindex via posten. BINGO! The parcel did not arrived and the post office did not sent any noticed letter about it. And  i don't have any plan to return to that Post office, i once swore blind i would never return to ~ just to claim those clothes. No! Thanks!  Ummm ..Enough! for revealing faux pas in our corrupt country. How very SAD and very dissapointing. So, it's up to you if you want to take the risk.... Good luck! I hope it helps.

Pitpit Eriksson wrote:

Post preview

Hi! Based in my experience . It will arrived in The Philippines. But the problem is ... It's in our home Country's corruption. Through my experience  way back ~while we lived in The Philippines, my father in- law's sent parcel contains 2 IKEA hanging lamp to us via POsten. And 3 months after ,i received a letter of Noticed from The Post Office. It said i needed to pick up the parcel from Sweden. So, i went in the post office right away after i read the letter. Surprisingly, when i arrived in the Post office. The officer told me, that i needed to pay some tax before they will hand me the parcel from Sweden. But according to my father in-law he already paid  enough extra charged in Sweden before he sent the parcel going to The Philippines. But the officer insist that we really need to pay tax and told me that it's our obligation with some very long blah, blah , blah ~explanation. And he told me the tax amount that i needed to be paid around 5,800 pesos according to his own computation. How Ridiculous it was! Jesus!  Of course, i did not pay that crazy tax! It's almost the price of the lamp. It's was crazy! So, i told the officer, i don't have money to pay that tax and i told him i lived very far and i just came to pick that parcel from Sweden... And  i told him some more drama so he will be satisfied enough and believe me that i dont have money. Plus, (that time i just wear very simple house clothes! )LOL it makes the officer more convinced. Until, he told me to go into a small room with so many parcel inside  and he toke away from me the receipt of 5,800 pesos tax that he issued to me. And the officer told me : "Okay, i will toke this receipt. Just give me all the money you have in you." ... So, i just show my coin purse  contains 400 pesos bills and some coins. And i told him " thats the only money i had in my coin purse if you take everything ..i can't go home to commute going home sir" (even ,it's all lies i had taxi service outside waiting for me) He replied: "Okay, give me your 300 pesos instead" and he handed me the parcel from Sweden. So, i gave up! I handed the 300 pesos to him.The important is i had already the Parcel. So, i can go home ~ that's all that matters to me.  And he ripped off the receipt of the 5,800 pesos and told me. " let's forget about it," and he let me to signed something about Records of Released Parcel.  Second bad  experience from the post office again, my mother in-law sent some clothes for my 1year old daughter bought  from Lindex via posten. BINGO! The parcel did not arrived and the post office did not sent any noticed letter about it. And  i don't have any plan to return to that Post office, i once swore blind i would never return to ~ just to claimed those clothes.  Ummm ..Enough! for revealing faux pas in our corrupt country. How embarrassing ,SAD and very dissapointing. So, it's up to you if you want to take the risk.... Good luck! I hope it helps.

Damn! That was harsh. I had a bad experience from the Phil. Post too. My boyfriend sent me a hand-written letter (I'm 21 and he's 23) and a shirt, an old shirt. I went to the post twice and they said that they don't have any letter for me. After a month or so, I went again, it was after Christmas and I told them that check it again and they said they got one. Now, the problem was they OPENED my letter, read every-word that was written on my letter and they didn't have the audacity to send my freaking letter to my house. The envelope has 4 or more stamps with DIFFERENT dates on it, they sealed my letter by putting a tape, no, it was overlapping with tapes. It was pretty awful.

I am not really looking forward to send anything by post but I have to do something, call everyone in the Phil.Post and secure that my package won't be in their office/s for a very long time. I have to take another chance and I will try to coordinate with the Swedish Post to secure the package will be send to its address. I will try the "rekomenderat".

Anyway, thank you for sharing your experience. Everyone should be cautious sending parcel/letter to the Philippines by Phil.Post. But, yes, let's hope that it'll change even if there's only a little bit of chance that our post will change.

Salamat ulit! :-)

It could very well be so that if you send "rekomenderat" that it will not be delivered through Philli-post but through another company the Swedish post trust better.

magnus wrote:

It could very well be so that if you send "rekomenderat" that it will not be delivered through Philli-post but through another company the Swedish post trust better.

Is it for real? They said that "rekomenderat" is not possible for more 2kg parcel but they can still put an insurance but I don't think that it will be a big insurance that the Philippine Post would be so scared that they need to send the package intact without any damages.

I didn't really realised that it would be so hard to send a parcel to the Philippines. I mean, even if I earn so much money I don't want to pay 4000kr++ to send a parcel to the Philippines from here. People will say that "then you shouldn't really bother sending anything to the Philippines, wait till you get home then send the package by yourself if you can't afford to send it through DHL or something" but everyone makes mistakes and I'd rather send this parcel now because I will go home by December and I don't want my family to wait till then.

ALSO Mr. Magnus, I am concern about the box. The biggest box they have are the 5kgs and it doesn't fit there. All I can find as of right now are moving boxes, the ones with holes in it.

Anyway, thank you for your help. It's been helpful.

Mae.

Hey everyone!

I didn't use the Posten to send my parcel to the Philippines. I used FedEx instead, it's pretty fast and cheap. Earlier today, (friday) an employee from FedEx went to my flat and picked up my parcel. It was pretty fast. I used frakjakt to find the cheapest way to send my parcel. I didn't use the FedEx website because it is pretty expensive but if you use the frakjakt to find a cheap way to send your parcel, they will give you the cheapest. Frakjakt has deals with these courier that why it's cheap.

Anyway, thank you for your help! :-)

-Mae

Thank you for the info.....  :);)