Martial Arts in Nha Trang.

Hi, i like to know how to practice martial arts in nha trang city.

Hi janutokun,

Welcome to Expat.com!

Your topic has been moved on the Nha Trang anglophone forum for better visibility.

So no information?(

There's a Muay Thai gym down Nhi Ha street. About 1 km from the centre of town

You do not say which martial arts you want. There are taekwondo, karate, and viet vo dao classes all over town. Just cruise around until you find one. 

For judo contact Mr Phu on 090 358 9649. He runs a dojo in the sports complex off Yersin Street. There are separate classes on alternate evenings for beginners/non competitors and competitors in championships. Training is from 7.30pm to 9 pm Mon-Sat.

For aikido, contact Mr An on 091 449 3579.  Training is held on Tue, Thu and Sat at 6pm - 7.30pm and Sun 6 a.m. at Thong Duc Thang University, north of Tran Phu bridge; and on Mon Wed Fri at 6pm - 7.30pm at Hon Ro gym 7km south of Nha Trang.

Speak slowly so that Phu and An can understand you.

Can you please provide direction to Hon Ro gym in Nha Trang and/or a physical address? Thank you.

John - the gym is on Thon Duc Thang Street, Hon Ro, opposite the intersection with Thai Bich Buoi Street. It is shown on Google Earth as "Nha thi dau Hon Ro".

Mr Di (pronounced "Yi"), the chief instructor, returned from USA a week ago, so you may contact him directly on 0914133841   He speaks perfect English.

There are many excellent aikido clips on Youtube, including
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tv7BTKQzn50

Ralph, Thank you so much for the reply.  My bad. I was hoping to attend this evening class at Thong Duc Thang University.  I am planning to ride my rental bike there. My hotel is near to the Nha Trang Center. Can you please kindly provide direction to this place. Thanks agian.
John

Sorry for my late reply, I have been out all day.

To get to Ton Duc Than University, go north over Tran Phu Street Bridge and, turn first right over the bridge into Nguyen Dinh Chieu Street, as you get to the next beach. Go up the hill, over the overhead bridge to the top of the hill. The university entrance is on the right near the top of the hill, with a guard house on the gate.  Just say "Aikido", and the guard, who will direct you to the training room (dojo in Japanese) at rear of the university main building.

Training starts at 6pm. but if you arrive late you will still be very welcome.

Mr. Ralph. No worry. I was able to find the dojo and train tonight with a very welcoming Sensei and friendly students. I still have not accumulate to the humid weather and probably soak their mat with my persperation. I intend to go back and will bring a mop next time. Again, thank you so much for your replies.

No worries, I'm pleased to be able to help you. We may even  meet at training one night.

Hello folks, hope you will kindly advise me on the kung fu classes: are there any Chinese martial arts classes available in Nha Trang? Especially appreciated input on the internal (taoists) styles.

Hi, anyone know of any BJJ, Muay Thai, or Boxing gyms in Nha Trang?

Boxing is advertised at the large sporting complex opposite Khanh Hoa Province Hospital on Yersin Street. There is also an rear entrance on Ly Thanh Ton Street. You will have to ask around in there for details.

Hi - anyone know if there is Wing Chun, Ju jitsu or Tai Chi in Nah Trang?