Learning portuguese in Manaus

Hi everybody
I'm french and live in Manaus since 1 year already. I had individual class of portuguese but I now would like taking lessons of portuguese with other foreigners.
Does anybody experience such class in Manaus ?
Does anybody have an idea where to go ?
Thanks for your answers

Unfortunately, due to a drop in demand for Portuguese for Foreigners courses many of the language schools have stopped offering them.

You might try contacting Wizard or Fisk to see if they still have courses, they were the last schools that I knew about that were still giving Portuguese classes in Manaus.

Cheers,
James       Expat-blog Experts Team

Many thanks James
I'll contact Wizard and Fisk

I ran across a Brazilian a couple months ago who worked at a Wizard in Mananas. She told me that they offered Portuguese classes.

Thank you for infiormation. Yes it looks like they have offered such lessons. I have contacted them but I didn't understand their answer (in portuguese). So I am expectinf for an email from them

Hi!
I am taking Portuguese classes at wizard in Vieralves. I have been there for more than a year now.  Worth checking out.

Hi, I just saw your post, I live in manaus, next to CIGS, can you give me some info about the Portuguese course

Thanks Tracy

Hi Tracy
I had particular lessons with a brasilian teacher who is working at French Alliance. I wanted to have collective lessons. It looks like that Wizard proposes collectives courses. But I didn't start yet because I had to go to France and I have to go again beginning of July.
Contact Wizard. They are proposing individual and collective courses. Of course, the individual ones are the most expensive. And before enrolling collective lessons, we have to make a test for them to judge of our level.
If I understook well, the place where to get the test is in Wizard close to Parque 10
Have a good day
Hope we'll meet together one day

Véronique

Moderated by kenjee 8 years ago
Reason : Please do not share Phone numbers on the public forum