Shopping in Metro Cash and Carry HCMC

Hi everyone

I would like to shop at the Metro Cash and Carry in D2 HCMC, but I believe that this is only for businesses. Does anyone have any experience with this place, and is it possible for me (just a single individual on a tourist visa) to shop there?

I appreciate any advice you can give me.

Thanks

Ben

That's right metro focus on horeca target, but they are also open for end-consumers. I live nearby and shop there frequently. So you definitely can too, even without Metro membership card!

Johanna Lee wrote:

That's right metro focus on horeca target, but they are also open for end-consumers. I live nearby and shop there frequently. So you definitely can too, even without Metro membership card!

This is excellent news! So do I just turn up and they let me in?

Yes just come and shop! Walk in the entrance you will see a girl there to screen you member card but if you don't have just smile she still lets you in

Johanna Lee wrote:

Yes just come and shop! Walk in the entrance you will see a girl there to screen you member card but if you don't have just smile she still lets you in

Thank you :)

When Metro C'nC first opened in 2002 they used VAT Tax Certificates to separate the real retailers from the part-timers.

As competition heated up over the years they opened their doors wider but if you want the trade discounts or VAT refunds you still need to register and get a card.

They carry things that even supermarkets can't easily acquire - Giants at Crescent Mall buy stuff from them, for example.

Presently Metro is scheduled to be sold to a Thailand-based group as soon as Metro accepts it owes the Ho Chi Minh City tax department some capital gains tax.

Here are the store addresses within Metro Ho Chi Minh City:

METRO Cash & Carry
Song Hanh @ Nguyen Hoang
Phung An Phu
Quan 2
Ho Chí Minh City

Tel: +84-(0)-8-3588-9111
Tel: +84-(0)-8-3519-0390
E-m: [email protected]

GPS: 10.801139, 106.743752

--------------------------
METRO Cash & Carry
Bình Phú
Phuong 10
Quan 6
Ho Chí Minh City, 747145

GPS: 10.742273, 106.628345

METRO Cash & Carry
Bình Phú
Phuong 10
Quan 6
Ho Chí Minh City, 747145

GPS: 10.742273, 106.628345

METRO Cash & Carry
Binh Phu
Phuong 11
Quan 6
Ho Chí Minh City  746843

GPS: 10.738529,106.629055

METRO Cash & Carry
Tan Thoi Hiep
Phuong Tan Thoi Hiep
Quan 12
Ho Chí Minh City

GPS: 10.862050,106.651077

METRO stores open very early and close the next morning!