Honeywell Oil and Gas

Hello everyone,
I am considering a job with Honeywell Oil and Gas and would like to know if anyone is familiar with them.  I am from the US but currently living in Dubai.  I'm not exactly what location I would be working in Nigeria at.

I would welcome any information any of you can give me about the knowledge of the company and also the area.  I have heard some not so good news on CNN regarding some of the recent big problems in Nigeria and not sure it's worth the risk.

Thanks,
Scubalarry

Honeywell flour mill is a notable company in Nigeria.

Hello scubalarry,

Welcome to Expat.com :)

A new topic was created from your post for a better visibility on the Nigeria forum.

Shaazia
Expat.com Team

Nigeria is a peaceful country,pls don't let anyone give you wrong notions about my darling country....NIGERIA,GOOD PEOPLE GREAT NATION...CNN should stop broadcasting nonsense about us.Honeywell is one of Nigeria's reputable company and well known...here's my contact and I'll help you settle here,I pray your stay here will be productive in Jesus name,Amen...my name is Samuel.... +2348035316882

Is this Honeywell international or Honeywell group. Group is locally owned , I used to work for Pivot Engineering which is part of the group for 8 years. Nigeria is not safe in the north and Port Harcourt used to be a bit dangerous with people being kidnapped. That seems to have quietened down, have not heard of much going on down there.

Nigeria is not as bad as you think. When relocating to Nigeria, consider cities in the south-south, south-east and south-west. Nothing should make you go to the North, living there is risky.