Housing in Plovdiv

Hello people of Plovdiv!

I am Schéhérazade and I am currently writing the expat guide about Bulgaria. I need some information about housing in Plovdiv, so it would be really really really nice of you if you could spare some time to answer my questions in order to help the expat community as precisely as possible :)

Is it easy to find a house or an apartment over there?
Which areas would you (not) recommend to expats?
Would you advise students to experiment flatsharing in Plovdiv? Are room mates easy to find?

Thank you :)

Sché

Hello Sché,

I hope you are very well today.
Regarding your questions:
1/ Is it easy to find a house or an apartment over there? -
Yes, it is very easy and fast to find an apartment in Plovdiv. If you start looking, it will be in a day or two and you will have your place.
2/ Which areas would you (not) recommend to expats?
Plovdiv cental area is great, pedestrian. All the neighbourhoods neal the central part are nice.
I can not recommend Stolipinovo, it is a gipsy neighnourhood.
3/ Would you advise students to experiment flatsharing in Plovdiv? Are room mates easy to find?
Yes, it is interesting experience. It is common students from the same birth town/country or the same course of study to share apartments.

Best wishes
Have a lovely day

Nedka Onova wrote:

Hello Sché,

I hope you are very well today.
Regarding your questions:
1/ Is it easy to find a house or an apartment over there? -
Yes, it is very easy and fast to find an apartment in Plovdiv. If you start looking, it will be in a day or two and you will have your place.
2/ Which areas would you (not) recommend to expats?
Plovdiv cental area is great, pedestrian. All the neighbourhoods neal the central part are nice.
I can not recommend Stolipinovo, it is a gipsy neighnourhood.
3/ Would you advise students to experiment flatsharing in Plovdiv? Are room mates easy to find?
Yes, it is interesting experience. It is common students from the same birth town/country or the same course of study to share apartments.

Best wishes
Have a lovely day

Hi!

Thank you soooo much! :)
Do you know a website where I can find more information about Plovdiv neighborhoods? I think I don't have all the keywords for a good search... ^^

Sché