Need Info

I'm travelling to Mongolia soon and was wondering what the attitude towards black people is in Mongolia. any information would be helpful. Thanks

We are not racist, also Mongolia is the first country which allowed all nationality and religion 800 years ago. So I am sure you can find very friendly attitude here, but every country, every family have both good and bad people and I hope you can have a good time being here.

A friend who is from Madagascar, so far has had no problems,although black folk are pretty thin on the ground here.

Thanks for the info because I've been reading other blogs and they talking about neo-nazi groups so wanted to know what it was like before i go.

Alright guess the other blogs are exaggerating the situation.

Forget the crap about neo nazi groups. Enjoy your time in Mongolia.

Will do..thanks

The neo-Nazis seem to be a problem for people who at good at finding problems, if you read past the rumors. There are lots of African-Americans here, some mixed-race celebrities, and people of color of other nationalities. It's still a very homogenous culture, so expect some double-takes, but most people aren't going to treat you any differently from anyone else.

(Moderated: no free ads on the forum pls + register in the business directory)

No problem. Just be careful in the evening as all the expats should do too.
Pickpockets are quite common in the main street and police is not doing much on that.
Don't go to karaoke and local discotheque, you will be fine.

hi. it is okey nothing bad attitude for black people.  same as others

hi. what kind of group are you joying? i would be glad for help you. I live in Ulaanbaatar

Thanks...

Alright will check it out today….

Alright thanks for the advice

None at the moment because I've just moved here…. So i guess will ust walk round randomly

There are incidents with *foreigners*.... a colleague of mine got attacked as he was with a Mongolian girlfriend. These are quite rare but they do happen of course. The neo-Nazis are few in number BUT please do not let this put you off.
MONGOLIA is an emerging nation, it is beautiful, although Ub has some pollution and is the coldest capital city in the world. It is not a clean city...
NONE OF THIS should put you off.
Mongolians are a great people, most are used to foreigners and Ub has people from many nations in its` midst.
The people have a proud history, although it is only 20 odd years since the Russians withdrew after Glasnost.
Mongolia has no coast and is sandwiched between mighty neighbours. with China to the south and Russia to the north.
DO VISIT MONGOLIA. It is a fantastic place, with plenty to see. I hope that you like BORTZ, horses and do come prepared, there is fresh snow today in Ub. You may be advised to look at health insurance and read on the necessary injections, as you would in any Asian country.

The Russians left in 1989 and Mongolia became a democracy in 1990, since we're giving history lessons... I didn't get any vaccinations before moving here. Hepatitis can be a problem, but as far as disease, Mongolia is about as risky as a trip to South Korea, and no one tells you to get shots before you go there.

I like horse tried it before in Kazakhstan isn't too bad… I heard about that so had all my shots before i got here but will look into the health insurance.. The weather isn't too bad reminds me of Cardiff although it is much colder.. Thanks for the advice

Horsemeat I liked the taste, also Camel, oh and Alistair is nearer the truth, I first came to Mongolia in 1999 and most of the wide eyes seen on the street were Russian and lived in large compounds dotted around the city, but very few live here now, mostly American, Ozzeys, and Brits mainly here as teachers, and a good helping of German folk judging by the amount seen in the British Embassy pub The Steppe Inne, that is a must place to visit on a Friday night, there are many activities to stop you getting bored,

STEPPE INNE
a must visit place at the British Embassy on a Friday at 6.30pm
Email [email protected], as it is invitation only.
HENNESSY`S PUB QUIZ / TRIVIA this Friday at 8pm.
Please text ALI on 8917 9027 if you are coming !

"Wide eyes".... that was classy, forminchoo... Could have found another descriptor that was a bit less racist in tone.

Halo chefjulien,
Good day to you,

Are you actually a chef working in Mongolia now??

Please advise, thanks.
Chef Calvin Chan