Spiders in Jakarta?

I am new to jakarta ...3 weeks now...today i found a big black spider ,around the size of my palm,in the toilet. Is this normal?knowing that i live in an apartment compound in pondok indah area.....is it toxic?can it harm the kids?....i am really scared .

Tropical spiders can get big, and can be nasty, but they tend to be a rare thing in a city house - loads in the villages.
You've been unlucky.
Size 9 shoe, or just flush it.

I've always found it rather interesting that here in Java and Bali we have very few really dangerous critters, but for our neighbors down south in OZ, look out!  The list of things that can kill you down there is amazing.

Pest control guy took care of it.....yayyykks........its just I am finally okay with the gecko to find this today!!☺

mmaha wrote:

Pest control guy took care of it.....yayyykks........its just I am finally okay with the gecko to find this today!!☺

Those little dude are good guys, so great to have in the house.
You won't see a cockroach until he moves out.

"You won't see a cockroach until he moves out."

Or you find him in the morning, stuck and laying on his back.

OMG, poor gecko....... warn Jokowi that Dilma is warming up her dialing finger to call him up and give him another tongue lashing!!! Tell him not to answer!   :lol:

James, better she waits until she wakes up one morning and finds a Komodo Dragon in her swimming pool!   :D

Quick Roy, find out what it will cost to send one of those babies here FedEx.

I'd gladly pay just to see the look on her face when she found it!!!!