Validity of singapore license in bahrain?

Hi all
I have received my singapore driving license  only last month.
I Will be shifting to bahrain in couple of months...
Wanted to know if I can drive in bahrain with SG license? Or should I get an IDP along with me...

Can I rent a car .. or buy one as soon as I move?

Can I convert my SG License to bahrain one..
If yes then please advise the formalities..

P.S I also have  an indian license which is around 7 years old.. not sure if I can do any of the above with that..

Thanks a lot

Hi sgguy,

The official page seems to be down traffic.gov.bh, but this link http://hellobahrain.com/content/rules-regulations shows that Singapore DL could be changed to a Bahrain DL, I am really not sure on this but i am sure if someone has done it they would reply back.

good luck
T&R
Arjun

Hi arjun.. thanks for the reply..

The another concern I have is would there be any issue considering my SG license is just 3 months old..?
Also as in Sg the driver os on right side which is diffrent from bah..
So I was thinking of how difficult it would be to get a trainer with whom I can do couple of hours of driviing ..
Plz help if someone know the ans..

Regards

Yes, you can obtain a Bahrain driving licence without a test if you hold a valid Singapore driving licence.

The official webpage of the Traffic Directorate is here:
http://www.traffic.gov.bh/view/licenses … ng-license

It does not matter how old your Singapore driving licence is. It also doe snot matter which side of the road you drive on in Singapore.

You cannot do much with the Indian driving licence though.

What you should do to familiarize yourself with Bahrain driving is to get your self a car on rent and drive it around with a friend who is familiar with Bahrain roads.

Good luck.

Can a South AFrican licence also be converted for a Bahraini driving licence?

Yes, you can. If you refer to the website Farhaz posted and use a translation tool.

logicalindian wrote:

Yes, you can. If you refer to the website Farhaz posted and use a translation tool.

Thanks I did that and saw South Africa on the list

Sorry but I have a few more questions.

Do I have to get the Drivers licence translated and fill in forms at the Traffic Department?
And then pay for the licence?

That is what I did in Saudi

Hi
Being the original poster of the question I can tell u converting license is a very simple process took me 15 mins nd i paid 12 bhd.
No translation if ur license is in english.

PS been almost 7 months nd really enjoying it here
Rgds