Already in Thailand - Looking For Work

Hi
My name is Jerry. I have been in Thailand since October 2014, and is looking for a job, I have done my travels and hope to spend a year or two in Thailand. Currently I am Chiang Mai, keen to relocate where ever the opportunity arises.

My last position held last five years:- Property Management with an Estate Agency group on the east coast of South Africa.
I managed a Holiday Letting Division.
My aim will be to find  any job, but my forte lies in the hospitality industry.

Hello,

It is not easy for foreigner to find a job as there are many criterias applied to them to get the work permit but also some quotas for the company who want to recruit them. In other term Thailand welcome foreigner who want to invest in the country and create some employment, but priority is given for a job to a Thai national unless they can not find the thai qith the relevant qualification and again this will need to be justified by the company. There is also a list of job prohibited for foreigner, you can find it in this forum.

To apply for a work permit the applicant must be in the possession of a valid "Non-Immigrant" visa at the time they process the work permit application, however you can start the work permit application for the purpose of obtaining a Non-Immigrant B visa

There are a number of grounds upon which a work permit can be granted (this is on a discretionary basis and will take into account usual considerations such as suitability and qualifications of the foreigner for the position):

The company must have a fully paid-up registered capital of 2 million Baht to hire one foreigner, plus one person for every additional 2 million Baht (to a maximum of 10 people).
If the registered capital of the company is less than 2 million the company can hire one foreigner if its total corporate income tax payment had been at least 5 million Baht for the past three years. The company can hire one foreigner for every 5 million Baht paid in tax.
The employer has engaged in export which has brought into Thailand revenue of 3 million Baht in the previous fiscal year. The employer can hire one foreigner for every additional 3 million Baht up to a maximum of 3 people.
The employer has at least 50 Thai employees per foreign employee up to a maximum of 5 foreign employees.
A foreign employee must have paid personal income tax of at least 18,000 Baht in the previous personal tax year or if the foreign employee has not worked in Thailand previously, documents for potential employers confirming that, the foreign employee will obtain income in Thailand of at least 50,000 Baht per month for an employee who is single and 60,000 per month for a married person, must be presented.
The Labour Department may also issue or renew work permits regardless of the above criteria when the foreign individual falls into one of the following categories:

-employed as an international trade representative inspecting product quality, purchases or conducting market surveys
-employed as an investment or management technology adviser or internal auditor
-a tour representative bringing foreign tourists into Thailand
-employed in an international financial institute endorsed by the Bank of Thailand
-employed a non-profit organization on a temporary basis
-employed as a contractor on projects for state agencies or public enterprises
-employed in a business that mainly required the use of local raw materials
-employed in the Thai export sector
-employed in a business introducing and transferring technologies to Thailand
-employed in a sector where qualified Thai employees cannot be found
-married the cohabiting with a Thai national and has an honest employment.

Best of Luck
Regards
Kris

Thanx  for the informative info Kris.