Deleted posts

Hello all,
I am not sure how to write to admin here. Several of my posts were deleted and the admin said it is not relevant. How can it not be relevant? it is your judgement. I post in the studies and schools section. The lectures I posted are a relevant part there. Nothing in the rules says Islamic lectures are banned from the Expat.com or that it is irrelevant to the expat issues. It might be irrelevant to you but not to the community. I am sure some people are interested in such topics. So why are you being selective regarding topics?!!!

Hend

First of all, if you read the Terms and Conditions of Use, you have agreed upon registration here that moderation of any postings here is at the sole discretion of the administration of Expat-blog.

Secondly, it is a well established fact that there are two subjects that really are NOT suitable for our forums, that being RELIGION and POLITICS, since they tend to simply generate too many problems.

Certain aspects of both religion and politics which clearly do relate to expat living are tolerated here, since there are necessarily questions on exactly how they effect expat living. However, for the most part religious or political statements are not tolerated and not well received. That's life!

Look at the Expat-blog moto - "Share your expat experience!"  What do religious or political statements have to do with achieving that end?

While you can certainly can scroll down to the bottom of this page and click on "Contact us" to send a message to Expat-blog Administration Team, it is not likely going to change the situation much. All of us are subject to our postings being moderated, if I got upset about the number of times my posts got moderated I wouldn't even be here, let alone be a member of the Experts Team. I think even Julien (the founder) has not been spared from being moderated from-time-to-time.

Just as we would not permit any of our members to post anything against Islam or any other faith, we also do not allow postings intended to promote any of them either. It's a simple and fair guideline.

Just my opinion!

Cheers,
James        Expat-blog Experts Team

I did read the rules but I am challenging the moderators' assumptions. Several expats have been asking for a place to study Islam. I provided the links for self-study. I don't understand how providing explanatory links is promoting a faith. It is there for people interested to read about it. Issues like family, education from an Islamic perspective does impact the expat experience in my opinion. If moderator wants to delete a post saying it is irrelevant, then they are using their own judgement which may or may not be representative of the community.
Established rules that politics and religion are banned?
Well, I do understand how it can lead to conflict but if its within the limits of education then people have right to it.
The topics I post is within the limits of studies and schools' category. Moderators need to give convincing reasons for those who ask while they are practicing their administrative duties. I am simply adding something that community members have a choice of looking at while deleting is a much extreme act of withholding the information from the public. That is why it is important for me to see how my posts are problematic.

Islam is the fastest growing relogion, so it's understandable that haters will delete ur posts Hend. No worries!

Hi,

we've got a worldwide rule on Expat.com : politics & religion aren't really welcome on our forums. These are personal matters, and we (the team) are not skilled to discuss about these personal matters ... and we don't want to get skilled for these. There are many specialized forums to discuss about politics and religion. We are specialized in "living abroad" subjects.

H_sh, are you willing to live abroad ? any expatriation project ?

Thanks for your understanding,

Julien

Julian, thank you for creating this blog. I think that Karma, one of the embedded features in the blog is religious. I also think that practicing Yoga is religious.

I do agree that religion is a personal choice, but are you saying I cannot post links that has lectures about Islam?
I am not sure how "informative links" require the moderators to be skilled in discussing Islam? The important thing is that I am not violating anyone's rights. Isn't that freedom of expression?
I have been expatriated for a while and i think that religion is an important part to understand the culture of the country. In my opinion it is part of the "living abroad" experience. I hope you open your mind to the idea that some expats are interested in religion which influences culture.
One of the reasons I subscribed to the blog was because I thought it is a platform to promote freedom of expression. I don't understand the contradictions in "freedom of expression" vs "universal rules that religion and politics" are not allowed on the blog.
Best,
Hend