Marriage

Dear All,

I am a single Muslim guy residing in India. I am a student pursuing my PhD degree here in India. I find a morocco girl via online matrimonial site. We both like each other and want to get married. She is a bachelorette. Please let me know step by step how should I follow for the same from visa to my return journey to India along with her. Please also let me know how much amount of money I need for this.

best wishes

Feroz

Wait for it

I bet she wants to marry a wealthy guy able to pursue a Ph.D!

Just don't do it. I have rarely heard anything more reckless in my life. How can you possibly make a lifetime commitment to someone you don't know at all and whom you have simply "met" on the internet?

This is a recipe for disaster. You are proposing to spend the rest of your life with someone you don't even know. Find a nice, decent girl in India. Forget this.

In addition, have a look at Google pages on "Morocco marriage scams" or google why Moroccans want to marry ANYONE from abroad.

No respectable Muslim woman in Morocco would be putting her photo and details on a public site for strangers to see her and be asking for a marriage. That she cannot find a man in Morocco (or doesn't want to) speaks volumes about her reputation and probity.

Why should you need money for this? She wants to marry you and go to India, I presume. Let her pay. Can you not see that this is a scam?

If you search this site, there is already threads regarding how to go about the process. Here is an example thread:

Marriage in Morocco - Administrative process mixed marriage:

https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=145465

Hi everybody,

Please, Feroz is not here to ask whether he should get married or not, so please let's avoid going off topic.

Here are Feroz questions :

feroz15 wrote:

Please let me know step by step how should I follow for the same from visa to my return journey to India along with her. Please also let me know how much amount of money I need for this.

best wishes

Feroz

Thanks

Priscilla

Dear friend thanks for your kind reply. I know her from last few months. i like her and want to get married with her. Regarding her pics, there was no display pic on her profile. We had our conversation on skype where we talked and shared few pics later.

Dear XB23,

thanks alot for sharing such a useful link.. I found so many answers but have still few questions in mind.
I found the cost would be around 4000 DHS to finish it up.
But to fulfill the requirements, I also need 'Certificate of Previous employment stating dates worked and annual salary'. Though after my masters degree earlier i worked on few temporary scientific research projects and received some lump-sum money at that time but presently I am a student doing my PhD here in India. I am getting my own fellowship thats is sufficient to meet the needs of us after marriage. But, I am going to submit my thesis work to get my degree awarded next year, probably in march 2016 and my fellowship will also expire in march 2016.

I am confused should I wait for my next job, after I finish my PhD.
Or can I get it done before finishing my degree.
what document will help me here ?.
what I need to do ?

Friends, I would like to know some suggestions regarding this matter.

thanks to all members

Dear Priscilla,

Sorry for the delayed reply, lol I was at work....
I am ready to get married with her. I like her.
I want to get familiar with everything I need in hand before I travel to morocco for marriage.

best regards

feroz

Prescilla I agree with you  :idontagree:

feroz15 wrote:

Dear XB23,

thanks alot for sharing such a useful link.. I found so many answers but have still few questions in mind.
I found the cost would be around 4000 DHS to finish it up.
But to fulfill the requirements, I also need 'Certificate of Previous employment stating dates worked and annual salary'. Though after my masters degree earlier i worked on few temporary scientific research projects and received some lump-sum money at that time but presently I am a student doing my PhD here in India. I am getting my own fellowship thats is sufficient to meet the needs of us after marriage. But, I am going to submit my thesis work to get my degree awarded next year, probably in march 2016 and my fellowship will also expire in march 2016.

I am confused should I wait for my next job, after I finish my PhD.
Or can I get it done before finishing my degree.
what document will help me here ?.
what I need to do ?

Friends, I would like to know some suggestions regarding this matter.

thanks to all members

Hi,

You're welcome. I understand your confusion, so I checked the link once again, and I believe it's actually current employment that matters, not previous employment. So you will need a certificate detailing your job & salary.

Regarding the costs, it depends whether you will be offered accommodation by her, or booking yourself into a hotel. It also depends on which city you will be staying in, as there are things that can only be done in Rabat. So you may find yourself spending some money travelling from city to city. You will also be having to pay for several papers, that you already have, for example even when you bring your Criminal Record Certificate with you, you still have to go to the Police Station in Morocco, to obtain a required paper. And even when you bring your Proof of being Muslim Certificate, you still have to pay for a paper that basically says the same thing on it. As well as getting a paper from the hospital regarding your health. You will also be paying for her papers, such as when she is tested for whether she is pregnant or not. You will also be required to translate all your papers in Morocco. I'm not sure if it's accepted to have it translated in India and bring it with you. I think it has to be done by an official translator in Morocco. Also don't assume it can be done and finished with in only a week. It can take longer. It's a relatively expensive & time consuming process.

Thanks my dear friend for your useful suggestions. She lives in Fès, Fès-Boulemane. It will be easy for me to get this letter from my office, but I wonder whether my fellowship tenure that will last in march 2016, create any problem there at morocco. No doubt I will find any other job after that.

Also, what would be the average charges/day if i would have to stay in hotel. I also want to know what is the general amount of mahr that I need to pay, though it varies with the family standard, but i am asking average amount.

Suggestions from other friends are welcome....

I don't see how that will create a problem. As far as I'm concerned, they are only interested in a paper detailing your current situation in terms of employment/student etc. Others are free to refute this.

Those who are based in Fez, or visited, are best placed to advise you regarding accommodation there. I tend to use the website booking.com, which includes hotels in Fez. My visits in Morocco, I generally stayed at someones home. I personally think she should arrange somewhere for you to stay, whether at her home, or that of a relative/neighbour. It can't be that hard, as I'm assuming you're travelling alone, rather than with family. As for mahr, that's subjective. It depends on several factors.

Thanks friend for clarification regarding the certificate.

Is here any member from Fez or have any info regarding the best and cheap hotel to stay in Fez, Morocco.

Dear members, please give me some suggestions regarding the mahr, which people are mostly paying there at fez/morocco…so that I can manage that amount……at least need some approximation to get sum lump-sum idea as I don't have much information about the morocco tradition….….

Hope to listen from you friends…

In my humble opinion, she should arrange accommodation for you, even if it's in a hotel. After all, you're foreign to the city that she would obviously know very well! Also she would know the closest ones to her address, to cut the cost & time of travelling to each other, or to the places that deal with the papers. If she was the one visiting, you would take care of where she would be staying, wouldn't you... I don't see why the same can't be said for you? It doesn't appear to be very welcoming, and Morocco is supposedly known for it's hospitality.. We are talking about visiting for the purpose of marriage, not business. So I find it quite odd that you're having to go through all that alone.

Hello Feroz15
I am japanese female who married to a moroccan in Fez, so maybe it doesnt apply to your case.
but I didnt need 'Certificate of Previous employment'. needed certificate of employment but as i alredy quitted i didnt produce one. I was just asked to write down names of school/college i went, company names i worked for and yearly salary i earned previous year. (they said they will check them but i dont think they did.)
maybe you should ask your fiancee to ask her local office and police(to make sure) if you can produce  a certificate of student registration or something instead of the certificate of previous employment.
cheap basic hotel start from 250dh in Fez I think.
this is my question to you, you can bring your wife(in future) to your country soon after marriage?
I want to take my husband to my country but I heard even we are married, it is not easy to get visa. so i am going home alone first and prepare for his visa in Japan.

I already mentioned that he doesn't need a certificate of previous employment, because " they are only interested in a paper detailing your current situation in terms of employment/student ".

Hi XB23
Yes I noticed that you mentioned but i thought it is just not a bad idea to mention this from my recent experience in Fes, and wanted to suggest him to ask the professionals to make sure.
I am sorry if i disturbed you by doing this.

Dear Team member
Please delete my post as it was duplicated information.

Have a good evening.

ochoko wrote:

Hi XB23
Yes I noticed that you mentioned but i thought it is just not a bad idea to mention this from my recent experience in Fes, and wanted to suggest him to ask the professionals to make sure.
I am sorry if i disturbed you by doing this.

Dear Team member
Please delete my post as it was duplicated information.

Have a good evening.

Lol, no, I don't want an apology from you, as it didn't effect me, but my purpose for posting the comment was that since I already mentioned it, now you, and others can focus on helping him with his other questions, such as Mahr & Visa for his wife (to go to India). I'm just saying we got over that issue of certificate of employment already, and there are now un-answered questions, which I hope others can answer. I still hold the belief his future wife should arrange accommodation for him or suggest a hotel that is best suited for his & her needs, location wise.

Hi ochoko

Thanks for giving some rough idea about the hotel charge in fes.
Yes I will bring her with me to India after marriage at Morocco. Though I have not much info, but I don't think there should be any problem for visa, for our return journey, after producing all documents and get married at Morocco legally. Also from other comments, that i read here in this Morocco blog, I don't find any such issue. Sometimes bad  luck makes thighs a bit tougher, may be that happened with you lol. bdw is the problem at japanese embassy or the moroccon side.

Yes XB23,

Certificate issue is now over, if there is any member in this blog who is having some idea about Mahr, please comment.

Also still if anybody else faced the issue of Visa and resolved it with ease, pls comment.