Help needed to braid a black lady's hair

Yes I got my hair done. I can send a photo if anyone wants. I also told the hairdresser to create an account here so she can post and you can see for yourself.

(Moderated: no free ad on the forum pls)

yes please
i would like a photo

(moderated: no free ads on the forum pls)

Help ! I am travelling to Istanbul in October and during the weekend will be doing a big grand proposal to my fiance on Maidens tower. She is African decent and she wants some weaves done. I have the remy hair... do you know of anyone ultra reliable to do the weaves and maybe paint her nails ?

Wow, are you a real person? I never heard of a man getting remy hair for his woman, she is lucky lol.

The manicure/nail painting can be done anywhere in Istanbul, there are 'Kuafors' all over the place, and they are quite cheap. The quality varies though. I would recommend California Nail Bar in Nisantasi.

For the hair, my recommendation was given in a post above, I suggest you call in advance to make the appointment as she is very busy nowadays.  0534 351 8467 is the number. Ask for Neneh. Very professional, speaks perfect English

Have tried calling her..but says number not available :-(

Yes I am real.. and white.. know nothing about this hair thing lol

It's ok Trottie lol. I wish you the best.

Hi Trottie

İf your fiancee can wait for September, then she can definitely get her hair, my friend will be back from Ghana and can look after good, so she can be ready for the proposal:-)
Wish all the best to both of you.

ps: i try to inbox you but no option to do so ???

Hello all,

I thought I just post the information of a salon in Istanbul where I got my hair done today, as it's really bothering to be turned away from salons because they don't know how to work with ethnic hair. Although I know a lot of you are looking for hair braiding and extensions, I just got a blow out or a "fön" as it is called in Turkey, from a place called Salon Kadir in Sultanahmet. They washed my hair, treated it with keratin serum, and blow dried it out straight.

Event though I'm not knowledgable about all their services, I do know that they do offer hair braiding and extensions. I'm not really sure what type of braiding and hair they use but they are really one of the best salons in Istanbul. If you have your own braiding hair you can use that or they can possibly order some for you at an extra expense of the cost of servicing you.
You can always email them from their website and ask whatever you'd like. The two owners are Kadir and Sevgi, running a family salon business.
They also do highlights/coloring as well as manicures, pedicures, and spa treatment. My fön costed $35/70TL, which is very reasonable.

Please don't hesitate to ask them any questions you may have though they are Turkish (they speak a reasonable amount of English). They will always try to work with you on whatever needs and concerns you may have.
Their website: salonkadir.com
          Email: [email protected]

I hope I helped someone.  :D

That's great for you. Glad you found a place you were happy with.  ::lol

However, for myself I don't trust people who don't work with black hair regularly to do my hair, especially for chemical services. It's very easy for them to make a mistake and I end up bald lol.

That keratin you did sounds strange, I've had it done twice and it's a process that takes 3 days. First the application, then returning to the salon for the wash out and flat-iron. Maybe they did the 30-day one on you, I tried that at home once. Then again, I saw a place here selling relaxer and calling it 'keratin' even though they're two completely different things! If I just need a simple blow out I think I can do that myself, but thanks for sharing the info!

The owner of Turkey Braids hasn't gotten back to me at all :( anyone else experiencing the same disappointing issue?

facebook Sarah Kaimba, shes a kenyan in Istanbul who braids too.

Hey Mos,

I will be moving to Adana within the next month, and wanted to know if your friend still does hair. I want to setup up something before I get there so I don't have to worry about maintaining my hair once arrive.

Hey i am moving to istanbul i need to get my hair braided and weave put in like in my picture every 6-8 weeks ANYONE?

[moderated: off topic]

Hi Everyone
Just got some news from my hairdresser.
She told me that she will be back 1st or 3rd of October to İstanbul.
I know its no good news for some of us  :(  but what can we do…
so if you have her number you can call and if not inbox me
Take care all :cheers:

Hi can I have the number for the lady who braids please

Hey. I know a lady who plaits hair. She has a salon and sells all sorts of black beauty stuff.You can call me if interested.[moderated: pls avoid posting phone number]

Hello I need yo do my hair are you in Antalya ?

Hi. could you please give me the number of the lady from Ghana if she is in Istanbul ?

[Moderated: No free ad]

Hello marvise and congrats on your first post on Expat.com

For your job concern please drop an advert here : Hairdresser job offers in Istanbul

Regards
Kenjee
Expat.com Team

Hi there,
I just saw your friendly message inviting to meet you. Are you still living here in Istanbul? As you have some experience living here, I would like to meet you!
I am new in Istanbul. I moved here few weeks ago!

Look forward to hearing from you,

Best wishes,
Galo

@Galo > to whom are you adressing your message? Please note that the topic of this thread is "Help needed to braid a black lady's hair". You can start a new topic on the forum.

Hello Ladies,

Firstly I'm glad to read that there are black people in Istanbul. Certainly doesn't look like it lol, although I'm a newbie just arrived here two days ago.
I see this thread is quite old but I'm looking for someone that can weave, braid etc. 
Are the ladies mentioned in the thread still available?
Many thanks in advance.

Cheers Christine !!

Hello.
So am African too and I need hair relaxer. Can someone please email me the contacts for the lady who sells hair products and all.
Been here 2 months and I need it so bad.  Please . My email is shanprincesa[at]gmail.com.

I would like to know where I can buy afro American hair product and hair braids. I live in Kusadasi but I cant find anyone to braid and wash style my hair. I will try to braid my hair my self. Thanks for your help guys

This person in Istanbul does braiding, this is their Facebook page(Black Hair Braids  Zenci-Örgüsü Cornrows Dreadlock (Rasta) Kinky Twist) and if your in Izmir i know a couple salons that does braids, and for relaxers and other hair products plus braiding and weaves etc their is a Facebook page from Istanbul (Ibizaafrican Hairsaloon)

Hi everyone
Im african too was in most of the situz like u most.now im in africa and will be back in octobet so if u need some thing (hair products) let me knw il bring some stuff.happy to help

Hi there,  I would like some braids or cornrows for my 2 daughters before Thursday.  Are you available? How much do you charge for braids/cornrows?

Hi
what kind braid you want to do ?
Is it in african hair or european hair ?

Hi. It is African hair. Do you know someone who can do a really good work ? How much does she charge ?
Thanks

Hi all,

I noticed that a lot of people have asked questions on this thread, but there are very few answers. If any of you ladies find a nice place to have their hair braided, please do return to the thread to share the suggestion. I think it will help a lot of people looking to have their hair braided.

Thank you
Z

Hi all. Am badly in need of an African saloon that can treat my hair and do dreadlocks. I also need African hair products. If any please contact me  thanks

Moderated by kenjee 8 years ago
Reason : For own security measures, please do not share email address on the forum, you could use our private message system for that.

Hi everybody

i can help those who want their hair braided but bring your own products .I live in kavacık Asian side .
xxx

Moderated by Bhavna 8 years ago
Reason : Please do not post your e-mail ad on the forum.
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Hi TerryDefne

Since a lot of people have queries about this subject, I think you should place an ad in the CLASSIFIEDS section so that more people can know about your offer.

Good luck
Z

terrydefne wrote:

Hi everybody

i can help those who want their hair braided but bring your own products .I live in kavacık Asian side .
xxx

Could you please let me know where I can buy African hair products and I would also like my hair braided.