Waiting for visa?

Hai friends, still i m waiting for my work visa, I sent my original Diploma certificate & medical fit certificate on 5/12/14 but till date not g the  my visa. My company HR said the delay is due to some strict regulation in the visa processing it will take one month time. Can any one suggest me will i wait for the visa or cancel the offer, i can't attend any other interviews.

Pls help me............

Hello,
Well I have no intention to de motivate you. But I sent my documents on 4th August, 2014 and still havent got the visa. Yes its nearly 6 months. Have patience and keep faith in God!!! :)

Really!!!!!!!
Six months!

I have written letter from my new company, that describes the visa time line. It says 4 weeks from receiving the attested documents.

Is that true!

Mohamad MAZ wrote:

Really!!!!!!!
Six months!

I have written letter from my new company, that describes the visa time line. It says 4 weeks from receiving the attested documents.

Is that true!

No idea about your company. I guess it differs from company to company.....but I am waiting since 5 months...gonna touch 6 months soon :P

Hi,
just checking. Have you finally managed to get your visa now?

We should make a distinction between Labor Clearance and visa. I believe these folks whom have waited for 4-6 months are indeed still awaiting Labor Clearance and not visa. I was told Labor Clearance took quite a while (and it did), but that the visa was fairly straightforward after clearance. This is not true. Been over a month for me at this point.

Hi every one, I only to ask what is the meaning of: "we have received your final approval from the Ministry of Manpower."  It is means that we have LC? we submitted all the documents on october and this reply was on 28 january.

Thank you

Please do not post same question in multiple posts. It's not helpful and very distracting. Ask in one place only.

Regards

I was told my file is at arrival dept. going to a month plus now, and still waiting for my visa, how long does file stay at arrival dept and what does arrival dept. really mean?

Dear ,
as ur sponsor said is true, now lot of reconstruction is going in Oman VISA process. but i don't understand y u gave ur original Dip certificate. be patient, hope everything will will be ok.

My process started in August, 2014. I was asked for fresh medical 15 days back. I am assuming the last medical has expired thats why. I am hoping that now the visa will issued soon.

Reyyan, your process started in August 2014. Is that when your initial paperwork was submitted? When did you receive Labor Clearance?

Thanks,

Yes, its started in August. I recieved clearance in mis November.

Okay, thank you. We started at the same time, but I received LC mid December. Still awaiting visa. :(

Ohh..have you been asked for fresh medical?

Not yet. They don't do GAMCA from US so not sure if I will need to redo medical at all.

Hoping to get a call with the recruitment team to ask for an estimate of how long the visa may take. Could I be waiting 6 more months? A year? At what point do they resubmit application? At what point do we give up? How often are applications denied at this point? What else can we do?

Lots of questions for them. Don't want to annoy anyone, but life on hold is getting more tough by the day.

I agree with you skibby. The process will soon touch 8 months. Life is hell on hold. I am hoping that a miracle will happen soon...

After reading all the posts , was wondering if either of you have received the visa by now.  Also, a question for skibby: did you get any answers form the recruitment team to the questions you have listed in the pervious post? If yes, would you mind sharing them, not necessary the specifics but more of guidelines , if applicable.
Thank you all and good luck. At this point in time we are still watinig on the LC.

Hi Nomad Skippie,

Sorry, haven't had that meeting yet.  Still trying to make that happen, but is not easy.  Will let you know if/when it happens. 

Skibby

Thank you for your message, Skibby! I take it you are still awaiting your visa to come through - is it 3 month now?
We are still in Oz waiting for the LC to come through.  However, no clarity on the timing projection. Very hard to live in limbo and to manage the expectations of the entire family around this.
Also, was wondering if anyone subscribing to this blog and waiting to get to Oman,  has received the LC or visa lately - as in the past month or so.  I am trying to understand what is the cause of such  delays, but this is a hard one to crack as I am not familiar with the processes around these issues as well as the way things are progressed further. Grateful for any explanation that could be shedding some light here.

Applied for LC since January 06th...........so far no luck.....