Getting Married on visit visa and Residence Permit in Romania

I am a Pakistani ,I had visited my fiance in Romania last year and spent two months together.Since then we are in a committed relationship.I was wondering If could visit Romania again this year to get married.I wanted to know if I can get married there in Romania and apply for my Residence permit there to stay there without returning to my home country.
Thanks.

Hello Simon Cole and congrats on your first post on the forum of Expat.com!

Hope that some members will be able to inform you soon.

Regards
Kenjee
Expat.com team

You can stay in Romania without a visa for up to 90 days in any 180 day period. So from today count back 180 days...then see how days you were in Romania in that period. Subtract days in Romania from 90 and that is how long you have left to stay without a visa. Just remember that every day that 180 day period changes. For you to marry a Romanian woman is not a problem as long as you have all the documents you need. And your Pakistani document need an apostille. You need to take all documents to the 'primaria' in the province where you will marry. The Romanian government website has info also...but I would rely on the province more.
After marriage you have to apply for a long term visa, 3-5 years, at the immigration office in your province. Immigration is thus handled locally. After marriage your long stay visa is almost automatic. there are fees and requirements for the visa; check with immigration in your province (called 'judets'). I am in process of going thru this, my marriage is complete and I wait for a document to go to immigration. If you have any problem with documents, leave the country to keep as much of your 90 days as you can. I suggest sending documents to your fiancé ahead of time, have her make sure at the primaria that they are ok and then arrive in Romania. Hope this helps!

Simon, there is an easy workaround. How old are you? And how do you feel about paying about 300-500 euro/year to go to university :D Because that is the legal solution. Student visa.

Hello,,I'm a Filipina and want to ask what kind of visa ddo I need to apply and how long it will take to process in coming to Romania to married a Romanian citizen??we already research a lot but still found nothing for our applying..
thank you.

Dianamaldita wrote:

Hello,,I'm a Filipina and want to ask what kind of visa ddo I need to apply and how long it will take to process in coming to Romania to married a Romanian citizen??we already research a lot but still found nothing for our applying..
thank you.

The best place for advice would be a Romanian Embassy or Consulate. As you wish to marry a Romanian citizen it should be easy for that person to get the information either from an Embassy or by going online and finding the contact details for the relevant government department in Romania that deals with such things.

Read through the posts on this section of the forum for information as well. 

Good luck

:) thank you stumpy..
we already been on the site they gave us but there's no category in there about getting married..its states in long term Visa spouse,were not married yet.when we call And ask the consolute,they always refers us to the site..

Dianamaldita wrote:

:) thank you stumpy..
we already been on the site they gave us but there's no category in there about getting married..its states in long term Visa spouse,were not married yet.when we call And ask the consolute,they always refers us to the site..

Here is a link that describes what is necessary to get married in Romania (or to a Romanian citizen outside of Romania). http://www.dreptonline.ro/en_resourses/ … omania.php

Once married, then they can apply for a long stay Visa and, as others have posted, it needs to be done within the 90 days that they are allowed to stay here with a passport.

:) thank you Stevensava
I already saw and read that,and I also found in one site states that short term visa can't get married.We're confuse on what visa I'm gonna apply in coming there.

Dianamaldita wrote:

:) thank you Stevensava
I already saw and read that,and I also found in one site states that short term visa can't get married.We're confuse on what visa I'm gonna apply in coming there.

I came here with a Passport, which essentially is a short term Visa.  It allowed me to stay here for 90 days and I was able to get married in that time.  I don't know about other types of short term Visas but I would suggest that you apply for a Passport and then for sure, you won't have any problems.

:) thank u so much StevenSava
I'm only wondering if can't or can married at visit visa.You gave light to our application. :thanks:

Dianamaldita wrote:

:) thank u so much StevenSava
I'm only wondering if can't or can married at visit visa.You gave light to our application. :thanks:

Perhaps I don't understand your question, but as long as you submit all the proper documentation (listed on that website) and you're getting married to a Romanian citizen, I don't see any reason why you couldn't get married here.  You have to do it within the 90 days that you are allowed to stay and apply for the resident permit within that time as well, but you shouldn't have a problem if you meet the requirements.

This is Actually what we are trying to do,Getting Married on Visit visa..How its work ?

Hi Rata ! I would like to thank you for you detailed reply,It had made a lot of things more clear to me.

Regards,
Simon

Dear Mr. Rata,

After wishing you a good day. I hope if you can help me to get student visa to romania. I came back from romania 3 months ago and I really liked the place and peaple there.

Thanks in advance

tali7 wrote:

Dear Mr. Rata,

After wishing you a good day. I hope if you can help me to get student visa to romania. I came back from romania 3 months ago and I really liked the place and peaple there.

Thanks in advance

:offtopic: 

This thread is about getting married in Romania.
I suggest that you open a new thread about student visa and also read through the posts listed in the forum categories list on the right hand side of this page.

hi have find out something about what visa need for marriage  what's  how hard is to get visa for Romania please  I am also wondering  enquiry  I am indian. My girl friend from Romania     I wana know she has to send any invitation somthing for marriage or any tourist visa will be ok if any one help me out pls pls pls. Thank

Sukhman wrote:

hi have find out something about what visa need for marriage  what's  how hard is to get visa for Romania please  I am also wondering  enquiry  I am indian. My girl friend from Romania     I wana know she has to send any invitation somthing for marriage or any tourist visa will be ok if any one help me out pls pls pls. Thank

Entering the country and getting married are disjointed issues.  Ask at the embassy how to enter Romania legally.  Once you arrive in Romania, regardless of visa type, you can get married.

Thanks to reply   This help  me a lot

Hi all i just signed up on this site because i need some information about romanian rezidenc card like family member from non eu state. I am from albania . Married with romanian citizien.i applied for rezidenc card before 10 days but i want to know how long takes to get it? And when in general they come to check at home if we live together  because they are not coming yet? Another thing that i want to know is if can i move free in europe after that i have rezidenc card because my 90 days on my pasport are expired now here in romania and i do not know if i can more anymore.thank you

Hi Nunan,

This is an old topic. You might not get reply. I see that you started a new topic here. Good luck.

Christine

I can help you how the visa goes. Just PM me.

Do you know of a certain university in Romania that is that cheap!?

I am married with romanian I have 5 year residance card of France.. I already registar my marriage in romania . can I get romanian residance card ? and how .? please reply me

Maam .. good day I am Ann .. we really really need a help in what are going to do ..On what visa that i have to apply .. i have a Romanian fiancee weve been for almost two years .. He was heere last May 2017 ,, And we are really have this plan that i am going to Romania and we are going to get married there .,, My idea on this is so so empty maam .. and we are so deppressed now on what we are going to do supposedly our target month that i can be there will be this coming May 2019 .. but i only have a passport maam .. we do not know what to do first .. Please maam help us .. I am so empty also looking at him so pressure maam ..thank you maam and God Bless

Are you done with tge papers ,or i can help you

Can i apply residence permit on short stay visa as i married to romanian girl,

Hi, I am Filipina living and working in Dubai, UAE. I have a Romanian fiancee who also stays and working here. We decided to get married last year but in some circumstances, we did not make it. Now we decided to get married in Romania this coming year. Anyone here from the Philippines who got married to a Romanian guy in Romania who can share me the list of required documents and required attestation/ legalization of the required documents that I need to process and bring it with me?

Do I need to legalize or attest my Birth certificate and my CENOMAR to the embassy or consulate of Romania in the Philippine or does the red ribbon or the Philippine foreign affairs attestations are enough?

Thanks

Hello,

Further to what you have posted above as your query with regard to getting married to your Romanian fiancee;

Firstly, if both of you are working and are legally residing in Dubai, UAE and have a valid residence visa and Emirates ID; it will be a lot easier to get married at their Embassy in Dubai rather than complicating things by traveling to Romania and going about the bureaucracy one by one. They have a straight forward requirement in terms of documentation needed to have officiated a civil marriage at the embassy successfully. Most people opt for this rather than having to travel to Romania as it is less expensive and you won't require more than a few days in terms of leave if you plan anything pre or post your wedding.

You can approach their embassy after scheduling an appointment to know what is the list of documents needed in order to complete this successfully. Since you are the non-Romanian partner you have to make sure that all your documents are in order so that you guys can submit them at once and upon being verified successfully; the officer will receive them and provide you with an available date on which they can officiate your civil marriage. Once again; make sure after they have informed you on the required documentation; it should be provided as requested without any loose ends. Many folks miss something here or there and then they are sent back having to initiate the process altogether from the start.

In terms of documentation for you, since you have mentioned your nationality as a Philippino your birth certificate will need in original to be attested legally both via your embassy as well as the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, UAE in Manila and Dubai. Also by law, you are required to present in original a Bachelorhood/Singleness Certificate on an official stamp paper of your country and this has to be also attested legally both by your embassy as well as the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, UAE in Manila and Dubai. Make sure all your documents are in the English language if they are not they might request you to have it translated to Romanian. Please check this when you visit the embassy prior to submitting your documents. Apart from your birth and bachelorhood certificate, you will require to submit a copy of your valid identification mainly your passport and EID. Both of you will require a health certificate for marriage purposes that can be obtained after going through the necessary tests at any government medical center. You can obtain one via the Al Mankhool Clinic. Please make sure that the report they give you is written down in English and not Arabic or the embassy will return you back either to get it in English or you will have to do it all over again. Once you both receive your respective medical certificates these will also be required to be attested legally at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, UAE in Dubai. Your Romanian fiancee will also require to provide his valid identification documents mainly his passport and EID. Please check with the embassy if his birth certificate is also required or not.

Once all these documents are submitted and the officer has received them and verified it successfully, they will take your birth certificate in original and return it to you on the day of your wedding at the embassy in Dubai. Prior to this, they would also require you to sign some documents regarding your prenups and association of joint or individual wealth, etc. On the day of your wedding, you will be requested to arrive with at least 2 witnesses.

Good luck and have a happy married life together.

After marrying your fiancée from Romania z how long will you wait to apply for a visa to move to your wife ? What are the documents for this ? Please someone should help me. I am a Nigerian living in Istanbul Turkey and I am married to a Romania woman and wish to move to her . Please kindly advise

Hello,

Further to what you have posted above as your query with regard to applying for a visa to Romania inorder to reside with your wife;

Firstly, this response is on the assumption that your are a legal resident in Turkey. If you do not have a valid legal residence status in Turkey, you will have to apply for the visa from your country of nationality that is Nigeria.

If you are a legal resident visa holder in Turkey and have the marriage certificate in original mentioning the civil status between you and your Romanian spouse; you can approach the embassy in Turkey and schedule an appointment for the application of a long stay visa which is usually for over 90 days of stay in Romania. Once this visa has been successfully granted to you, you can apply for a Romanian residence permit after you arrive in the country by visiting the nearest IGI in the county or city where you would be living in.

Hope this helps. Good luck!

thank you for your response to my question and i am really happy having you here. at the same time, i am legally living here in city of istanbul and will be having my wedding soon with a romania national, she lives and work in london but will arrive here for the wedding, so my question is, how long will i wait to apply fot a visa after the marriage? As her mom's in romania wish to see me after the marriage ? I am legally living here and i have all the legal documents which is needed. do i need to stay 3 months, 6 months air one year year before i can apply for a visa to visit romania??

Hello,

Your concerns are very broad with regard to a visa for travel to Romania. Firstly, you will need to check with the embassy of Romania in Instabul if they can officiate a wedding between you and your partner as she is living and working in London, not in Turkey. As far as getting married at the embassy of Romania in any country of the world - the Romanian national should be living legally in that country. In your case, if you plan to officiate your wedding at the embassy of Romania in Istanbul, your partner should also have a valid residency status in Turkey. They will not officiate the wedding for any Romanian as a tourist in a third country.

Secondly, if you do not plan to get married at the embassy of Romania and instead at a city hall in Instanbul; you will have to check with the officers at the embassy about the documents that are required in order for you to apply for a visa. You will be asked to legally attest some documents and also your partner will need to apply for a letter of invitation which is issued by the IGI of her place of residence in Romania. She will need to send that over to you and then you can apply for the visa to travel to Romania. Clarify all the necessary details with the embassy of Romania in order to have a better understanding of your situation. Keep all details documented correctly in order to validate that your civil status with your Romanian partner is not that of convenience or else your marriage can be scrutinized by the authorities on all grounds.

Good luck.