Filipina looking for a job in England

Hi everyone,
I am Alexa from the Philippines,
I was suppose to move to England this february but my fiancé left me hanging here in Philippines. 😞
So I was just wondering if anyone can help me find a job in England. Screw my ex! But I really want to move/work there.
Thanks in advance

England has unemployment problems at the moment, and there's a big (and very silly) debate regarding immigration.
That makes it hard for many to get a visa and find legal work.
I know the national health service are always in the market for English speaking doctors and nurses, but no ideals on much more.
Good luck.

😔
Okay. Thanks for that information @mas fred.

Hello Alex,

Welcome to EB.

First of all please refrain from using slang abusive vocabulary like 'Screw' on internet forums . ( This means to have forceful or willful sex).

It seems you are interested in living and working in the UK. Your first option of getting married to a British national has probably gone, this is not very straight forward any way. Even after getting married you need to fulfill lots of requirements including your spouse having a stable job for some time of a minimum salary.

There are certain engineering, scientific, medical and technically qualified professionals who are in demand in the UK. After you have been accepted for a job, your employer will be required to apply for a work permit and convince the home office that a British national with your skills and education is not available on the local job market. :)

what kind of job are you looking for, Alexsamdra?

Sorry bout that word riazcdki and thank you for that info.
Anyway, I am looking for a job as a waitress. I hope someone could help. 😊

Hi Alexsamdra,
I can only advise you. Work as a waitress is not difficult to find. You can have a look in my blog to find websites were to apply, but I'll recommend you the gumtree is very easy to apply. Good luck!

anaromano wrote:

Hi Alexsamdra,
I can only advise you. Work as a waitress is not difficult to find. You can have a look in my blog to find websites were to apply, but I'll recommend you the gumtree is very easy to apply. Good luck!

It's not very difficult to find for those already legal in the country, or EU citizens, who can travel freely to come to work. But for non-EU citizens to find work as a waitress, which isn't in high demand as far I'm aware, in a country with high un-employment and wanting to limit immigration, especially from outside the EU, the chances are very slim indeed. I can't remember the last time they gave someone a visa to come and work as a waitress.

Hi Alexsamdra

I'm a former UK Visa Entry Clearance Officer who used to be based in the British Embassy Manila. To be honest, you're chances of gaining legal employment as a waitress in the UK are slim to nil. You would need to have a specific skill for employment in the UK such as engineering or something in the medical field for instance. Another option would be to apply to be a student here and dependent on the education institute you would be allowed to work some hours per week. You would still need to demonstrate you are a genuine student, demonstrate you have sufficient funds for studies and to live and  you would have to study in an approved facility.
Best of luck and I hope it works out for you.

Can I also mention @riazcdki to say the term 'Screw' is abusive is overly umbrageous, especially in the context Alexsamdra used it.

To give a better reply. what is your actual status, marital, children, qualifications,etc.

Hello Scouse,

Screw, screw you, screwing around , getting screwed are all non -parliamentary and abusive words. These are  among the prohibited words mentioned on HR manuals of most multinational companies.

I know of a senior manager working for a major IT organisation who lost his job in 2012 for telling his subordinate " I 'll screw you if you do not improve your performance".

In 2014 the EB Team removed and sent warning to two members who posted messages using this word. :)

Interesting to read. What is also interesting many multi-national companies are the root cause of the world problems today and can often try to dictate parliamentary decisions so I wouldn't take too much respect out of their moral values. In Parliament rather than a list of banned words, the speaker of the house decides what words are non parliamentary and it is at his/her discretion depending on the context.
I am a managing director of a company and I would never sack a member of my staff for using the word for fear of being taken to a tribunal and losing. From similar experience in UK employment law that would never stand up for the sole reason of removing someone from employment at a employment tribunal.
With that said, this is just a forum for international expatriates is it not?...not a Parliament or mutli national company. Therefore I would expect a certain degree of leniency and understanding of certain words, depending on context, commonly used in the country the forum is aimed at. This particular thread is England where I am native to and the word 'screw' or the term 'screwed up' or 'screw you' is used as slang very commonly by all walks of life without causing offence. It is used frequently and allowed by broadcasters before the 9pm watershed. As, I say it's all about context. For example Ed Balls once said 'I couldn't give a toss' in a Parliament debate, as have others. Toss means to masturbate in English slang, but of course context can change the meaning as it did in this case. Again, you are being overly sensitive and not taking the word for it's correct context for it being used on an informal expatriate blog forum :top: