New members of the Sri Lanka forum, introduce yourself here

Hi my name is Ron E Collins originally from the UK
I now live in Sri Lanka and have been here for just over a year
married to a lovely Buddhist Lady who is looking after me extremely well in my retirement
I am a keen Kite Flyer and currently waiting for product to arrive from the UK   
I ran a film and television production equipment supply company in the UK as well as a rental company dealing in hire of camera HDTV equipment,Grip and Lighting equipment etc everything needed for a production for over 35 years,I was extremely fortunate to have won a number of International Technical achievement awards these included an Academy Award (Oscar) and an Emmy Award for the development of two innovative products which contributed so much to the industry i worked in 
In my youth I used to work for a cinema newsreel company called British Movietonews who were the first newsreel company to show sound with picture in cinemas throughout the UK
commencing in 1929,a site worth looking up is the British University Film and Video Council
BVFVC which has documented every newsreel made since the early 1900 to 1976 
by British Movietonews and Pathe News,addition to Movietonews own web site 
During the period of the sixties I worked as a documentary cameraman and worked on the
occasional feature as a lighting cameraman.
I am a now a very keen photographer and intend to make documentaries in Sri Lanka of a very special nature on selected subjects in the future health permitting 

Sri Lanka is a wonderful place to be retired enjoying every moment

Hello to you All,

My name is Daniel and Im from England lI have been working on and off in Sri Lanka over the last 6 years in Hotels Bars Restaurants and Night Clubs...moved back here beginning of this year I have an Indonesian Fiancé and my mother is Sri Lankan so really want to stay. So I'm looking for permanent work over here in my field. Great to meet you all

Hi ,
I am Manel,A Sri lankan , living and  :)  working overseas  for over 28 years.
I have witnessed  lot of infrastructure developments in Sri Lanka in the recent past and made my decision to return home soon.
I am a professional accountant, my last employment was with a National  Air Line and have a good understanding of travel agents business ,ticketing and more  about Universal Air Travel Plan.
Also I have travelled to 28 countries!. Most unforgettable experience  being travel down Sepik River and lean about life along the Sepik River banks.
Cheers !

Hi,
I'm faheem, moved back to Sri Lanka after living in London for few years. Like everyone I had to go through a tough time deciding what to do.
After going through many things decided to go for tourism.
Having founded a travel agent with one of my mate here,I'm now looking ways to promote Sri Lanka as a holiday destination and our company's services.
Hoping to hear from you guys some tips and any offers for business partnership.
Cheers

Hi Faheem,

I have three bedsitter type rooms being built, below is the supermarket in a small town close to galle,If there are budget accomodation is reqired for Tourists
Please do not hesitate to contact me.

Hi Manel,
Great to know about it, I'll be in touch with you  if a req comes.
cheers.

Hi!

My Name is Aileen...
Thank you for the warm welcome ^_^

anybody here can help me? i just wanna know what is the process of going to sri lanka?
coz my Bf is a sinhalese we are planning to get marry..  he will sponsor me. any one can tell me what i have to do? do i need to apply for a visa? fiancee visa? tourist visa? do i have to bring "show money"? im a filipina.. help us please. we really love each other so much. please help us. what we need to do? .. Paressamen. Budusaranai :)

Hi Aileen,
If your BF is a Sri Lankan, my view is that he should help you with the visa to Sri Lanka residency, and after all you will be his wife.
If he does not help you to get the visa , why do you want to get married to this man, ask this question yourself. Use your head to decide and not your heart please.

Hi Manel Thank you for your reply :) .. yes he will sponsor me to go lanka. what we want to know is how can we do that? is it easy to go lanka? coz i read some info that filipinos are visa free in sri lanka but when i call the embassy they said i need to apply tourist visa? im just confuse.?? thanks a lot manel ^_^

Hi i am suresh 29 years old from colombo i am looking for a job.
Any body can help me
contact 0778250661

Did your BF provide you a Sponsor Letter , paid for the Air Fares, Other wise please consider visit as a tourist visa on arrival. Visit Sri Lanka check your situation, is he a genuine person telling the truth.
If I were you I would use my head first. Ask qestions  and decision is yours take risks or no ?

If the embassy told you that you need to apply for a tourist visa, then that is what you have to do. They have the up to date information. Why are you questioning it? You were obviously misinformed about Philipinas not needing a visa. Just go with what the embassy told you and apply for a tourist visa. You can go to the embassy to apply, or you can apply online.

Hi Francesca...
I'm from colombo and also involve in tourism. Pls reply me. Like to have a chat with you. Call me if you are free 0773649490

:) im new

chinpra wrote:

:) im new

Welcome.

As a new member please introduce yourself to the forum.

Hello Ron

Where are you living?  I am also retired. I live in Negombo and I work part time as an assistant teacher in a private English Language  school. Did you ever think of assisting in a school. We are always looking for more help.

Warm regards

Christopher

Hi everybody,

I see that there are some off topic posts here as this thread has been created only for the introduction of the new members. :(

I advise those who have questions to ask, to create a new thread on the Sri lanka forum please. So let's keep this thread for the introductions.

Thank you all for your effort  :top:

Priscilla

Hello All,
My name is Anand, I'm from India.  I moved to Kandy 1 year ago to join the university here - I decided to go back to study after 10 years of work.

Any members in Kandy?  It would be great to make a few friends here, do let me know.

Thanks!

Anand

Hi,

I invite you to follow this topic on this new thread:
https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=437630

Thanks!

Closed