Medical insurance

Hello all

We stay in Costa Rica for approx 6 months a year and head back to Canada. I am looking for private health insurance as my husband has a pre-existing condition. He is 40. Does anybody use or know of one that covers pre-existing conditions?

Thank you

Call Medipac at 1-888-633-4722 in Canada
There is also Bupa which we use in Costa Rica, you can see their site on line.
Also:  Be careful with the six months, if you are late they can really screw you around for health care and if you are collecting the Supplement with your old age pension.
If you are looking for six months of accommodation each year "for next to nothing" let me know.
bejucoman(at)yahoo.com

does costa rica have public or private insurance? if so, please email me site. also, do you have housing in uvita? I plan to move there this yea. thanks joyce [email protected]

Letters to you email address keep coming back.

i have received your emails and all questions and replies from others that have responded to you. My income is $950 a month. I want to visit for awhile. I heard that a person can go to Panama to extend time to stay longer. Are you a costa rica citizen? if so, what are the benefits? thanks,  [email protected]

where are the accomodations? [email protected]

where are the accomodations? [email protected]   can i get health insurance as a visitor?

$950 is not generally considered to be sufficient to live on here ... nor will it be enough to apply for legal residency. Being a legal resident, enables you to be covered for basic healthcare and is mandatory for legal residency. Applying to become a citizen takes at least 7 year of living here.

Private INS insurance here will not cover pre-existing conditions.

Your income means nothing if you are a visitor.  You can stay 90 days, do a border crossing, and then stay another 90 days.  The only problem you might encounter is that the customs officer at the airport might require that you show them your return ticket, to prove you are leaving within 90 days.  I seen one man who was required to buy a return ticket before they would let him in the country.  This all depends on the custom's officer you get.  If you plan a 90 day visit there will be no problem.  You might want to go to travelcostaricanow in the Internet and talk to D'Angelo or Michael, they do border crossings every ninety days, and have been doing it for about eight years.

Near Jaco.
Send regular email to bejucoman(at)yahoo.com