Looking for a nice hotel in Helsinki for a long weekend

Hi hope you are all well to start with?

My name is lisa and from england,  me and a friend are going to visit for a long weekend next year to Helsinki and we are looking for a nice hotel preferably in the centre of the city.  At the moment we are doing alot of research into where we are going and your culture.  We are not to fussed about festivals but if we happen to turn up when there is one on that would be a bonus.  We are into rock music and metal and would like to know about some bars over where you are and it would be nice to see local bands and hopefully welll known bands as well.  We are also hoping to check out your shopping centres and hopefully alot of scenic views while we come and stay.

I hope you can get us started and looking forward to hearing from you lisa and hannah

age 30 and 28 xx

Hello lisa and welcome on board Expat.com

Kindly note that a new thread has been created as from your post on the Helsinki forum so as to help you get better interaction and visibility.

If you happen to find some hotels who is worth it, please do not hesitate to recommend in our business directory : Tourism in Helsinki

Regards
Kenjee
Expat.com Team

tuska-festival.fi/

Most of the Glo hotels around the city centre are decent. If you want cheap and cheerful, try the Omena hotels.

Before I moved here permanently, I would visit quite regularly and generally found that booking.com offered the best selection and prices around the city.

glohotels.fi/en

go for omena hotel, its cheap and very good.  http://www.omenahotels.com/fi/hotellit/ … rotinkatu/

Hello Steve-O and Kni0,

Just for information, you can recommend these hotels in the Hotels in Helsinki Business Directory. ;)

Shaazia
Expat.com Team

Hey Hannah! I was just in Helsinki (I live in Finland) and happened to stumble upon your post. I stayed at the Omena Hotel on Lönnrotinkatu. I highly recommend it, especially if you want prime location for a really nice price. My room was 69 EUR and had a little sitting area w/ sofa, chairs and table; a microwave and a fridge. Of course it had the usual TV and a nice, clean bathroom. The location was perfect - right in the center of everything. I will put a link below. I have lived here 7 years and never seen such a good deal for a private room and bath in a central location. Proper hotels here, especially in central Heslinki, usually start closer to the 100 EUR mark and that is for a basic room. You might get breakfast but probably not a fridge/micro with sitting area. By the way, the reason it's so cheap is that there is nobody working there. When you book you get a code and that is your key. I'm sure they have this in the UK. Some folks aren't comfortable with that, which I understand. Good luck with your planning. Penny