Searching for a job and accommodation

Hi!

My name is Evelin and I´m from Estonia. Me and my boyfriend are planning on moving to Australia for at least 1 year, maybe longer. We´re searching for a job and accommodation so if anyone can help then that would be great! Hope to find friends there so All you who are living there already, write me! :)

EvelinO wrote:

Hi!

My name is Evelin and I´m from Estonia. Me and my boyfriend are planning on moving to Australia for at least 1 year, maybe longer. We´re searching for a job and accommodation so if anyone can help then that would be great! Hope to find friends there so All you who are living there already, write me! :)

First thing you will need is a visa. If you  are young enough you can try for a working holiday visa. For visa information and applications www.immi.gov.au 

Unemployment is rising here in Australia so jobs for locals are hard to get and so even harder for others. 

Cost of living is high here too.  Rents, food, power, phone, gas transport are not cheap. You will have to have your own medical insurance cover too.  For cost of living www.numbeo.com

Hi,

Thank you for the information, I know about the visa and other requirements and also living expenses which are really high. That´s the main reason why we want to have a job before we go there. Can you tell me which is the best place to  go, though it depends where we can get a job.

Hi Evelin,

Welcome to Expat.com! :)

I created a new topic as from your post on the Australia forum.

Wish you all the best,
Christine

EvelinO wrote:

Hi,

Thank you for the information, I know about the visa and other requirements and also living expenses which are really high. That´s the main reason why we want to have a job before we go there. Can you tell me which is the best place to  go, though it depends where we can get a job.

For jobs try www.seek.co.nz or gumtree.