Nigeria is safe for Expats

Hi All,

From past 2 days in news hearing about the crisis in Nigeria and its very disturbed with respect to same.

Please suggest whether the situation is under control. its really safe for expats, Plz reply

yaseenali wrote:

Hi All,

From past 2 days in news hearing about the crisis in Nigeria and its very disturbed with respect to same.

Please suggest whether the situation is under control. its really safe for expats, Plz reply

Hello Yaseen, Nigeria is safe. The crisis are actually in the North East. But other parts of the country are very safe and okay for expats.

Yes it is safe, like the godfather said, you just have to keep off the North Eastern states, every other place and location in the country is quite safe and ok.

Well Nigeria is a big country, so where exactly is your destination?

i have offer from kano neigaria please advice, can be safe place to go or should cancelled

spice chef wrote:

i have offer from kano neigaria please advice, can be safe place to go or should cancelled

Kano is safe but it also depends on where exactly  in kano you will be working from?

i am working in prince hotel,
PRINCE HOTEL
A modern hotel in a quiet region of Kano, with 51 smart rooms decorated in dark wood and blue fabrics with TV and Wi-Fi, a bar, swimming pool and the Calypso restaurant, which is considered one of the city's finest and serves international dishes including seafood, which is rarely found in Northern Nigeria.
Court Close, Tamandu Road, off Audu Bako Way
Tel: +234 64 984251; +234 803 716 6691
Web: princehotelng.com

spice chef wrote:

i am working in prince hotel,
PRINCE HOTEL
A modern hotel in a quiet region of Kano, with 51 smart rooms decorated in dark wood and blue fabrics with TV and Wi-Fi, a bar, swimming pool and the Calypso restaurant, which is considered one of the city's finest and serves international dishes including seafood, which is rarely found in Northern Nigeria.
Court Close, Tamandu Road, off Audu Bako Way
Tel: +234 64 984251; +234 803 716 6691
Web: princehotelng.com

Hmmm, Okay got contacts in Kano. would find out about the hotel and area and let you know.

thank you please reply me ASAP, bcz i have less time to think, i get offer from 15days before i have to Answer them,

regards
Ashok

spice chef wrote:

thank you please reply me ASAP, bcz i have less time to think, i get offer from 15days before i have to Answer them,

regards
Ashok

hi Ashok
so i spoke to a colleague of mine who stays in Kano and she confirms Prince hotel is a reputable hotel and its a prime accommodation for expats in Kano. She also said the hotel is in the main city so you have nothing to worry about kidnapping or violence. Just ensure your employers get you an accommodation in a private estate in the city or a house that is close to the hotel.
All the best and welcome to Nigeria  :)

hope they will give accommodation in side the hotel, please tell me there is Indian expat in kano or other nationality expats,  hope all is well

thank you

Ashok

Are you still in Kano or left? Coming there soon and need tips, based on questions you had in the forum before going there. thanks.

Dear,
Can tell me about the African Industries Ltd that they are full filling their commitment or not?
Which location they used in Lagos for providing accommodation to his employee?