English speaking expats in marrakech

hi,

i'm originally from new york and i've been living and working in marrakech for almost two years. always wondering what other english speaking expats are up to...drop me a line if you're in or around marrakech!

thanks!
barrie

Hey Barriem,,,

where are you now?

are you now in Marrakesh?

take care.

hello, yup, still in marrakech!

Hi barriem,

have you enjoyed nice time during last meet ?
are you gonna propose another one nextly?

hugs

Hello,
I'm Jessi and just recently moved to Marrakech and looking for English speaking persons as I know little Arabic and no French, lol. =)
Would anyone be interested in meeting for coffee sometime?! I live close to the Manara.

Take care

Hi!

I just arrived in Marrakech...Im originally from Spain and  I will be here for a month at least and would like to do the 2 days trip to the desert this weekend or any other thing next days but dont know anyone here...
Would like to join me so that to look for actvities together? THen just please drop me a line in [email protected]

Cheers!

Hi.

I'm a newly arrived spanish expat. I arrived to Marrakech last may, but still don't know anyone around.

I've seen you expats meet from time to time, so please let me know when you organize the next meeting.

Hope to hear from you.

Jaco

Hi,

My wife and I have just arrived in Marrakech with our 2 year old son and would very much like to meet other anglos, especially with children. We live in Assif B and would be happy to have you round for drinks. Michael and Julianne, 0675 641 430

Hi Everyone,

My name is Richard. I arrived in Marrakech less than a week ago from Boston. The latest post in this topic is from July. Did you all find an occasion to get together?
Can we make plans for another in the near future.
Looking forward to meeting you all.

Richard

Hi, we're not in Marrakech for the moment, but will be next Sunday.
There's a quizz night on Monday 27th, I hope to make it and see you there.

Hi Barriem,

Wow, you've been here as long as me! You still sane? Just found this website, sounds like it could be useful. So where you at? Still wanting to stay or ready to leave? Not very good at questions as you may have guessed.

Best wishes

Aidan

I'm a young moroccan just moved to marrakech from agadir
it would be nice to meet new ppl ^^

As Michael said, there is a great trivia night where a bunch of expats get together for drinks and nerdiness.

It's every Monday at 7 PM at Cafe du Livre and all are welcome.

Hey Where exactly is Cafe du livre ?

very easy to find,check the link:
http://www.cafedulivre.com/images/plan.jpg

Hi all,

Anyone English speaking out there who wants to meet up for a few drinks and laughs send me a note and I'll try to get a date and venue set up. Can't really speak French or Arabic so could do with a bit of banter.

Ngawang

hi,
I will be in Marrakech from this weekend until the 30th Jan. I've heard that the monday quiz meeting is every other mondays, and I would be missing the one coming up on the 31st Jan.
We are making our holiday home, and I come to Marrakech, but would love to meet some people and make friends.

Let me know if there are other meetings or if anyone wants to meet up. I speak Japanese, English, German, some French and Arabic.
Thanks!

Hey all;
hope everybody is doing great, i was wondering if there's any other meeting beside the one at café du livre during this week ?
i'm up for a drink if anybody is interessted :)
kind regards
Taha

Hi People

My names Paul and i've been here for 5 years !!! And I'm still loving it.....

Looking forward to coming to the Cafe and meeting you all soon...

hi im Roz

wanting to meet english speakers in marrakech . Spending time here coming and going from England would like to meet people for coffee

Hi and welcome on board Paul and Roz ;)

Regards
Armand

Are you still living in Marrakech?  We planned on moving with our two young children but the news is giving us doubts.  What is the mood over there?  Do you think it is safe?  thanks!

Wednesday April 13th - Get-together in Marrakech

Dear friends,

Most of you know about our get-together events for expats that are happening every month. At this time, we would like to organize something unusual in unusual place. We are happy to invite you to our Get-together in Marrakech.

We chose a lounge in Le Caspien Hotel in Gueliz,
Marrakech on Wednesday, April 13th at 19:00. It is a 3** hotel so the prices are not as high.

Who? You. If you would like to attend this event, please do not forget to register your name with Anna by email [email protected] or by phone: 06 58 58 58 57.Feel free to bring your international friends and co-workers.

Purpose? To get to know other expats, share your experience, chatting, etc.

Where? Hotel Le Caspien, 12, rue Loubnane Gueliz – Marrakech.

For many guests, it'll be the first event; quite a few arrive on their own. Please be open to making them feel welcome. If you see someone alone in a corner, it'd be great if you introduced them to your friends. We can thus share the spirit of connecting global minds, and every member will have a lovely time. Thanks!

Kind regards,

Anna

Hi Anna,

Please post this advert in the Marrakech classifieds under community section - Events.

Thank you.
Christine

Hi Barrie, I am moving to Morocco this December to start a new life and business. I hope we can meet up for coffee/lunch when I arrive. I am looking at Marrakech for my new dwelling place.

I'm coming from San Diego, CA.

Please send me a message to:  [email protected]

Take care,

Robert

Hi,

UK residents in Morocco now have to take the moroccan driving test and if you don't have a Moroccan licence, your insurance maybe invalid. So, I am looking for other who may also be stuck with this problem as my French is not good enough to get through this process. Anyone out there who may be facing the same problem and want to join forces, or anyone out there who has done this and is willing to give a hand for me to get my licence.

Thanks and look forward to hearing from someone.
Ngawang

Hi Lobsang,

We at the BBGM have been paying a lot of collective attention to this problem. Our best legal mind has come up with a statement for members, which you should receive by email if you're a member. Also, there is a member's meeting this Wednesday 19th at 10 AM at the Café du Livre if you want to come.

Regards,

Michael Roberts, BBGM Webmaster

Hi Michael,

Thank you for a quick response and I will defiantly turn up on Wednesday 19th at 10 AM at the Café du Livre to see what everyone else is thinking.

Again, thanks for the quick response..

Best regards,
Ngawang Lobang

Hello,

My name is Vanessa, I live in LA but I am looking to move to marrakech. Ive been there twice and I am somewhat familiar. Any jobs there for someone like me? Were you able to meet other Americans there already? Thanks for any info you can give me. Vanessa

Hello,
My name is Amine, American/Moroccan nationality. Looking or some fellow English speakers to hang out with and get to know their stories of why they came to morocco and such. If anyone is interested in meeting up sometime my number is 0637028327

hello!
Are you currently in Marrakesh? Where were you born? Here in the USA or Morocco? I am STILL looking for a way to move to Morocco... but it's oh-so-difficult!
vanessa

I'm from NYC and I'll be in Marrakech next month.. please Pm me

Hi Randaa

I'm from Barcelona, now I live in Marrakech. If you need informations or I can help you, send me a mail,

José

Easy going anglo/french expat, have been living in morocco for the past 7 years and in Marrakesh for the past 3 years.
Looking to make new friends amongst the english speaking community.
I speak english, french, a bit of spanish and italian.

Hey. what part of Marrakesh do you live in? maybe we can get together some time and hang out I am looking for English speakers to hang out with myself.

Hello Poppy,
My girlfriend and I are looking for friends in Marrakech, we both speak excellent English and would be happy to meet new people here, especially my girlfriend, who's looking for girlfriends to go shopping with or to do sport with etc. We live in Marrakech, at Al Maaden Resort.

Hi, we live in Marrakesh since 8 months, we have 2 childrens et we'll love to meet you and maybe other, to share experiences and speak english.
Our Whole want to improve our skills in this language in a different way, by exchange, activities etc...

See u

Hi,
The British Business Group Marrakech will be hosting its monthly social evening on Jan 22 at Studio In, passage de Yougoslavie. More infor on facebook.com/BritishBusinessGroupMarrakech

Hi please let me know if your interested working in language school