Importing my dog from Canada to Vietnam - urgent request

Help!

I can't find specific information outside of vaccinations and health check.
Has anyone imported a dog who can speak to what happens at customs in Vietnam (Hanoi).

I have been told to get a local agent who can help me to get through customs with not added fees.  Is this necessary?  I have searched and searched and I can't find any information on this.  Is there any cost involved at Customs?  I have seen that dogs are duty free but I don't know if there are or are not any added fees to get her into the country.

Please help!

Kelly

Hi Kelly,

I moved your topic on the Hanoi forum for better interaction and visibility.

Regards,

David.

Hi,

I know this is an old post, but I am curious how did your problem end?

Could you advise?

It was actually pretty easy at the end of the day.  At long as your paperwork is in order, vet papers etc there is no issue at customs.  They looked for less then a min I think at her papers and we came right in no issue.  There was no extra entry fee (which the embassy had already told me) and that was it, very simple. 
Are you thinking of bringing a pet here?

It's very simple really.

Preparation
1. Get Bowser up to date will all shots.
2. Have Vet issue letter confirming shots, that Bowser has no current diseases and his health is good.
3. Put all sorts of rubber stamps on letter - impresses the hell out of VNese officials.

Shipping Bowser
1. No food before departure (could vomit and die from suffocation);
2. Put shipping label on Bowser (in case he takes off for a run);
3. Put bowl and large bottle of water in cage. Stick notice on cage and ask Bowser be fed water. You can buy drip units;

Arriving in VietNam
1. Tell X-Ray operator Bowser is alive;
2. Show Vets letter;
3. You will be released and may be asked to attend within a month with Vets letter.

Then Bowser will enter one of the most disease ridden environments he would ever experience! You wonder why they need shots.

Bring dog collar(s) with BLANK label so you can have your cell number engraved on it along with  - REWARD OF FOUND in Vietnamese!

Nope, I'm just curious about your situation thinking that you might have to bribe the authorities or problems getting the necessary documents for clearance.

Anyway, I am thinking of adopting a dog in Hanoi. Currently, I am looking at either the Rottweiler or the Doberman.

How's your dog now? Are in HCMC?

Hello everyone,

We're moving to Hanoi at the end of August and are considering bringing our dog with us. So far, we have no one to take care of him during our stay in Hanoi.
He's a big breed, at about 90 pounds. Has anyone travelled with such a big dog to Vietnam? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Julie

JCODERRE wrote:

Hello everyone,

We're moving to Hanoi at the end of August and are considering bringing our dog with us. So far, we have no one to take care of him during our stay in Hanoi.
He's a big breed, at about 90 pounds. Has anyone travelled with such a big dog to Vietnam? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Julie

90 pounds? There are a lot of people in Ha Noi would love to have a dog that size.  He will be very popular.  :idontagree: