Hello,guys, are anybody interested in gathering some

Hello, everybody,

I am thinking, why should not I meet with some nice people, who are living here in Lithuania, especially in Vilnius.
I grew up here, in Vilnius, but I have some experience in living abroad, so it would be really nice to have a  lovely chat with all of you, who are trying to settle in here in Lithuania, or already done it.

What does everybody think about this idea?
I am waiting for any kind feedback.

Nice idea but I am back in the UK now.

Maybe one day you will come back :)

I would be interested...  I travel frequently between Birzai and Vilnius, am often staying in Vilnius....

Hi,
I am coming to lithuania for mainly business purpose and if i like in there,which i think i will definetly might make it a second home.I really like your Idea of meeting or discussing things which can help new people to know more about Lithuania.I would really appreciate if you help me also to understand this beautiful country.I will be staying in Vilnius & alytus.I am coming on 29th this month so i am trying to gather as much information as i can by all means over the Internet.
It will be a big help if someone guide you in right direction in a new country.
I will wait for your reply
Thanks in advance
ARVIND CHAUHAN

Arvind, I am an American, living here many years.  It is a charming and infuriating place.  If you have specific questions I would be glad to help you.  It is my home now, I have no intent to leave.

Dan

Dan,Thanks a lot to give me chance to ask you also about your experiences.After Listning those words from you that Lithuania is a charming and beautiful place to stay,it gives me confidence that i am going in a right direction and will meet some nice people there during my stay.
Dan can you please suggest me any hotel near Vilnius Bus station,as i am coming to vilnius in evening and I have to go to alytus,I have been told the bus is the best option,I don`t wanna drive straight away because i dont know how the road & Traffic will be like although I have a British Driving Licence but still i prefer to see first and one more thing I want to ask how much it will cost to have a small car to buy?
Thanks & Kind Regards
ARVIND CHAUHAN

A small car- well, it is like everywhere- the more you spend the better car you have.  If it is in your budget, try to get a car from the dealers. and think hard about winters.  For this reason I have a Subaru, which has excellent 4- wheel drive.  But they are more expensive than others....

Buying a car from an individual is risky unless you know cars very well. check out autoerdve.lt  they are a good bunch of people, sell mostly subarus, but also others. 

Again, not knowing your budget... you might think about City Gate Hotel... its not a long walk from the bus station. And very nice. And very close to the old town, which you should not leave Vilnius without seeing at least some of... very beautiful

Also- be very careful about transport from the airport- they will rip you off if they can. I suggest you do some research into taxis at Vilnius airport...

Thanks Dan for quick reply,I know as the winters are quite severe there so that thing i have to keep in my mind before i go for any car,you are right 4 wheel drive will be the best option but my budget is quite tight i can think of spending €1500 or 2000 max but not sure if i get something decent in that money.I have to sort out some business deal first than i am gonna think about the car but have to search anyways sooner or later.
About the Airport Taxi,I have heard about the stories that taxi drivers do rip off customers specially when they dont speak Lithuanian,I am searching few things on Internet one is cheap airport transfer service (http://www.vilniusairporttransfer.lt)I have to ask them also how much they will charge to drop me near the bus station from Vilnius airport.
If you can tell me what will be the fare from airport to bus station just an idea i need to have so that i have some figure in my mind.
Thanks in advance
ARVIND CHAUHAN

unless something has changed, you can get a bus from the airport.  2 Litas (about 70 cents Euro).  You can get a decent car for that much, but will take some shopping and looking. for bus and trolley schedules and routes, go to http://www.vilniustransport.lt/autobusai.html

and look at bus number 1.  orouostas is airport.

Dan,you are a star mate i dont have words to thank you mate,you have a solution for i think each and every problem one can face while visiting lithuania.I have read some of your posts on the wall of some spanish lady moving to vilnius and i was surprised how you got all the answers for every questions asked.Hats Off to you mate i know we are discussing on someone else wall post but i hope simona won`t mind it,she is also very helpful to every one also.God Bless you guys.
I will be in touch with you mate and if i have any questions i definetly know who to ask.
Thanks & Kind Regards
ARVIND CHAUHAN

Hi:
really attractiv you are.  Have you been in Stockholm?
There are good study opportunitys here.
I have been here almost whole my life.  A gret city that I recommend.
Take care
Pooya

Hello Pooya and welcome on board

Thank you for participating on this thread, however kindly note that the latter is inactive since Novembre 2011!!!

Regards
Kenjee
Expat.com Team