Accommodation in Hoi An

moderated by Christine
Reason: asked by the author

Hoi An is wonderful place :) i visit there 2 times. However, about serivce, Hoi An is not well as Ha Noi or Sai Gon. There're not much Vietnam people in there use English. Can u speak Vietnamese languege. I tried to find some link, rent house in Hoi An for ur family. However, that link is written by Vietnamese, and i think if u contact with them, u must use Vietnamese, bc they dont know English :)

U can use google stranslate to read this documents :)

[moderated: keep it in english pls]

I hope u and ur lover has wonderful time in Hoi An. Wish best things for ur love :)

I lived in Hoi An before for a year, very nice area! Here is my recommendation
- for accommodation: I believe I found some rental places online by googling. It's been a long while so I didn't keep the links anymore, but just do a quick search and you will find something. I recommend to check in at a hotel and go see the places before you commit to anything though. Pictures from the internet are hardly reliable! Plus, when you are in Hoi An, you will find many other expats and can ask for their recommendation. A lot of them are shop owners or restaurant owners, so just drop in and talk to them.
- Driving: You will not need a car on a regular basis there, most people I know just ride a bicycle everywhere:)

Peter and Barbara,
Did you have any luck? I have rented a house here in Hoi An for 4 years.... Yeah, there is a cheap way to find a good house to rent....
First is to avoid 'commission', from VN 'friends' and agents......
I am lucky, my VN friend, found me a 3 bedroom, 3 bathroom, 2 story new house, fully furnished.... For 300 AUD a month. Agreed, with the land lord, that there is no commission....
Shop around!!!