New to Bogota

HI,

I have recently moved to Bogota, Colombia and I am looking to meet some friends, I have just moved from Miami and i am a keen cyclist and do triathlon. I enjoy socializing, sightseeing and traveling around and would like to make new friends here!

Hannah

Hi and welcome to Bogota! Here are some social events you could go to, where you can meet loads of new people (expats and Colombians!).
Are you registered on Internations? If not, go to the website; social events are always advertised there! This week on Thursday from 18.00 - 22.00 they'll be holding a Happy Hour event at Agape bar, which is at calle 80 with 8. Entrance is 25,000 pesos if you're an Internations Basic Member, 30,000 if you're not, and 5000 if you're an 'Albatross' member ;) It'll be a great opportunity to meet people and network!

There's also 'Gringo Tuesdays' every Tuesday at La Villa on calle 84 with cra. 14, and the 'Wednesday Speakeasy' at the Candelario Bar in Carrera 5 with 12B - these are similar weekly events: a language exchange from 17.00 - 21.00 (you choose the table of the language you want to speak, and talk to the people there!) and a party from 21.00 till late. These will be great events for meeting people, making friends and networking! They have their own Facebook pages and website so you could check these out.

All the best and enjoy Bogota! :)

Naomi

Hi Hannah, My wife will be visiting Bogota this coming week and would love to meet others from the US here..She is also looking for someone bilingual to help her possibly while she is there..
Brad