How do i link with recruitment agencies who are honest.

Iam a  an electrician apprentice trained with more than 10years experience in heavy and mining industries.I need assistance to get a job in Canada and to process me a work visa.

Hi,
I am working with Recruiters in Canada to help close the gap for those expats who are struggling, by assessing their skill set and qualifications against Canadian standards, coming up with a profile and getting them through the door of fitting companies for a potential interview.  The idea, is to assist somewhat in bridging the gap.

I am open to connecting if you are still looking at making your way to Canada.

Regards

good day
you may send me your information through my email ([email protected]) .

thanks
send me your details through email, mine is [email protected]

My email is [email protected], you can also find me on Linked In, Natalie Treasure.

Regards,

Natalie
Business Development Consultant

thanks for the reply , I will send you a mail in the next few hours.

You are probably just as well off by conducting a job search on sites like www.monster.ca  or  www.workopolis.com

Avoid Toronto, Montreal and Vancouver since they have been the preferred cities of most newcomers to Canada for decades and they're saturated. You'd be competing for every job with hundreds of newcomers as well as unemployed locals; very difficult indeed.

Look seriously at the Province of Alberta which is experiencing good growth and jobs are available right across the entire spectrum, not just professions. Cities such as Calgary, Edmonton and Red Deer will also have a lower cost of living and are all great places to live.

Cheers,
James          Expat-blog Experts Team

thanks James
Remember iam not residing in Canada. I am in staying in Southafrica and I am looking for agencies who can assist me in job hunting and or with the work visa.
regards.
mandove

Hi,
I am now working as a translator in Vietnam. I have more than 5 years of experience in this job. I have a plan to move to Canada for living. Can you help to bring me to an employer there for a recruitment, so then I will be able to process my application for the worker visa?
here is my e-mail add: [email protected]
Thanks and best regards

[Moderated: Please post in the jobs section]

Hello,
Actually, we were thinking of contacting a recruitment agency that would help my husband swift from the "visitor" to a "permanent" status. He is a European, computer engineer with a business administratrion diploma. We currently live in Toronto.
Feel free to contact me for any inquires or more information, if you think you could help. Thanks.

Hi Mandove,

You can look at Workopolis and monster as James suggested however, even Canadian's are not exposed to 80% of the job market, 20% exposure is via sites like Workopolis and Monster.  I work directly with companies looking for talent, I do business development bring the client on board and sourcing their talent.  I get to know about positions way before they are ever posted on job sites IF they are ever posted.  So using a site is a great waste of time in my opinion speaking from experience as a Newcomer, living in Canada going on 5 years.  I had to really hustle to find my feet in this Country, it wasn't easy but I did it and if only I had someone to at least guide me I would of appreciated it.  I give my opinion and advise because I know what I went through, it was tough.  If you can find someone to assist you in your job search whilst you persue you PR, I would advise that route.  CIC just opened the doors again on 1st January for Skilled Workers, we are expecting 180'000 Newcomers alone this year because of this Express Visa, take a look at it on the CIC website.

Mourmar, usually a Recruiter cannot assist in getting you switched to a Permanent Residency status.  If an Employer were looking for the specific skills your husband has, then the Employer could go through the work permit route and from there you can apply for PR depending on the terms of the position, long term contract etc.  It's usually best to check in with CIC and see what your options are.  I help those who already have PR but are finding it tough to find a position fitting their overseas skills.  Enough people come here thinking they will find a job fitting their existing skills and when they arrive it's quite the opposite.  Canadians are big on Canadian qualifications although they do recognise some overseas qualifications as valid and transferable.

ntreasure wrote:

Canadians are big on Canadian qualifications although they do recognise some overseas qualifications as valid and transferable.

That is so true. There are exceptions but it usually takes a lot of convincing and also perhaps the fact that they can't find the same person with the same skill set locally.

Hello again, Thanks for the reply. Yes, being in Canada for a year, we understand the process.
That's why we feel that we should inform any potential employer that we don't have a work permit so that he won't waste his valuable time. And here comes your help. In your search for an employer for us you may include that in your information. However if you don't handle employees without work paper, we would understand.
Bye

Hi Mourmar, I don't do the paperwork for your work visa, that would be the Employer wanting to hire your husband.  The trick is finding jobs he is qualified for and applying direct.  Usually going through a Recruiter you need to have your papers in order as it's a drawn out process applying for Work Visa's which quite frankly not many Recruiters have the time to do.  Usually the HR Department of the hiring Company will assist you with that or you can apply to CIC yourself if you have secured an offer subject to paperwork being in order.  Sorry I cannot personally help more than this.  It's not easy, but I guess if it was, Canada wouldn't be able to fit everyone in.  As I mentioned in another post, CIC have also opened the doors on 1st January 2015 for an Express Visa for skilled workers, Canada is anticipating 180'000 Newcomers through this Visa, it maybe worth a look on CIC's website.  I applied for PR myself before moving here, I never used an Agency or Lawyer, the application is straight forward and FREE through CIC.  All the best, Natalie.

Hello Natalie,
Thank you for your info. Yes, we already know everything about express entry, skilled workers programs as well as all the PNPs that changed since January, 1st.
I'm sorry too, you cannot help me finding an employer. However I'd like to thank you for taking the time to inform me.
All the best to you, too.

That is true that it is free if you do it by yourself. But there are many reasons why one gets an immigration lawyer to help with the process. Chief among them is time. Not to ruffle your feathers or to scare you, but if you have a family, time will be of a constraint and the immense volume of paper that is needed to satisfy the application can be daunting. The other reason is, it is not uncommon that the processing officer makes mistakes and if they do, you want the lawyer to be on your side to help you make your case that your application has been wrongly processed. Lastly, when navigating through the process and procedures, there will be nuances that you may not be able to pick up that may be interpreted by you in way one, yet should have been interpreted in another way. But by the time the processing officer gets to your application, its too late and he or she may deny your application due to the mistake made.

I have applied for PR twice and my first time was denied due to the last fact. The second time around, I used a lawyer to help with my application. If you're going to invest that much, I would say get a lawyer.

Oh, before I forget, you can use either an immigration lawyer or consultant. Typically a lawyer will charge more. Consultants on the other hand, one has to be careful. As of 2011, Immigration Consultants of Canada Regulatory Council made it a law that all Consultants must be registered under their body. But as @James usually advice (and if you are going through this route), check with CIC to make sure their license are legit.