Cost of a Pass-Port.

I have fallen in love with a girl from Ghana and she wants to come to U.K. and marry me, but she has told me she needs £500 to pay for this pass-port. Is that true, does a Ghanain Pass-Port cost £500.?

Does a Pass-Port cost £500 and how much does a Licence cost to ride a motor-bike.?

bloggie wrote:

I have fallen in love with a girl from Ghana and she wants to come to U.K. and marry me, but she has told me she needs £500 to pay for this pass-port. Is that true, does a Ghanain Pass-Port cost £500.?

A quick Google search found the following for new passport applications

Standard  110 pounds
3 day         200 pounds
1 day         240 pounds 

I suggest that you contact the relevant Ghanian govt department for information and costs.

Even that sounds a lot for a Ghanaian passport. My husband renewed his recently and paid 50 cedis for the form and then another 50-100 cedis for the passport when he picked it up
Not sure about the motorbike licence but one for a car is around 100 cedis so a motorbike is probably less

I also hope you realise how difficult it will be to get your new wife to the UK. I suggest you look on the government website and see the requirements for bringing in a spouse.
There are a lot of scams with regard to Ghanaian men/women on the internet. My advice would be to actually take a trip to Ghana yourself and meet the lady and then take it from there. If you just keep sending money it could be disappearing into a very big hole!

I have to agree with hkaan.
You may well be taken advantage of.

Many thanks for your comments. Much appreciated. Kindest Regards. Tony White.

I am visitor to expat-blog and wish to say with emphasis that Passport application doesn't cost £500. There are two forms costing 50 and 100cedis. The latter for urgent service. If anyone requestfor any additional fee, consider it a scam.
I however support other comments suggesting our brother in the UK visit Ghana to familiarise with his new found love. And please meet her in the presence of a known fellow in Ghana. We are here to assist.

This is a joke right?! Firstly, beware who you have "fallen in love with". If it is indeed 100% true, it is not as simple as that! Will she be able to get a passport? If she gets one, how will she come to UK with you? One cannot just move to the UK from Ghana! Ever think about visas etc etc? I think you need to be very careful here that you are not falling for a scam my friend...!