Finding a place to Settle in Norway

Hello everyone! :)

I was just wondering where in Norway is the best place that a starting family can settle?
We are planning to move to Norway this year and we are considering where's the best place to stay in norway, where there's plenty of Job offers, cheaper rental rates of house or apartment, cost of living is not that high compared to other cities, and not snowing like crazy during winter? Haha :D

Any suggestions would be very much appreciated, thank you! :)

you know you posted in the Norway forum, right? It's already hard enough to find the combination of cheap rent and plentiful job opportunities anywhere in the world, but it's particularly challenging here.

Also, in places where it doesn't snow, it's probably going to rain a lot (like on the west coast). Would you rather live in a place where January is sunset at 3:30 pm and it's constantly gray and wet?

Regarding cost of living, a lot of things are pretty standardized throughout the country. You'll find groceries are cheaper outside Oslo, but if you go too remote they'll cost more again. Healthcare and schooling are standard, as are the prices for alcohol (unless you live in Svalbard but that's not going to fulfil your requirement for no snow).

Yes i know...but what i meant was that i'm hoping to find a place where there is lesser snow coz i've heard some places in norway are snowing like crazy to the point that it'll cover the entire car or half of the house. So i find it crazy knowing that i've never experience winter since i am from a tropical country..but anyway thanks for the info.. :)

Well I've lived in Olso and currently live about 45 mins drive north of Oslo and... well yeah it snows but Norway is simply so prepared for snow that it doesn't affect everyone the way it would affect a country unused to such conditions. 

Two nights ago about 15cm of snow came down overnight, yet all of the main roads were completely clear (and most of the smaller roads too, and the paths), all gritted/salted etc.  Snow on your car is just something you will need to get used to if you don't have a garage, I have one, but I've also lived without one too and sure it's a pain and adds 10mins to any trip if it's been snowing heavily, but usually it's just a light brushing off and no problem.

4 years ago we had bad snow here, I had to go take the snow off the roof, but that was only one time since I've been here so it's not so bad really.

As long as you don't go too far North you are fine tbh.  Your car wont be literally buried in snow :)

it's been snowing in Oslo a bit the past few days and I've actually been taking pictures of all the snow removal vehicles because I've never seen so many different kinds of plows and tractors. They are pretty well equipped to handle snow here, even in the south.