Permanent residency

Hi, I've been reading this Honduras forum for awhile and have never posted here before.
I am exploring different locations to possibly move in the near future, and have come across the residency topic but have not read or found any mention of renewals, some places require both celudas and permanent residency renewals every 4 years or etc..
So my question is once you have permanent residency, does it need to be renewed every so many years ? Is there anything that needs to be renewed?

Thanks for you time and your reply.  ( posted twice, wanted to delete one post, but system only allows 'edit' post.)

There is no such thing as 'permanent residency' in Honduras.  You can choose from between several different types of residencies but they all need to be renewed annually. The only permanent solutions are 'Immigrant status' or 'Citizenship'.
ALL of the above options are expensive and time consuming (I'm talking YEARS not months).

You need to renew it every three or four years, depending on the type of residency. Do not lose your original papers!!

You need to renew it every three or four years, depending on the type of residency. Do not lose your original papers!! Residency through children is good for four years.