Looking to settle down in Mongolia

Hello. I'm an Indian working in the Emirates. Recently I've heard and seen the developments happening at Mongolia with a good economy and seems interesting. I plan on moving to a new country and Mongolia seems as an interesting area , I have a few doubts about the country :

1) Is it possible for expats to get a job there if they have overseas experience?
2) How is the cost of living in the country?
3) The safety of the country ? ( I know it depends on us, but just asking as it came to my mind)
4)After working for a few years is it possible to obtain a citizenship at Mongolia?

Please let me know the details soon as I have to prepare myself for my transfer process.

Cheers! :)

@patricbabu

What sort of qualifications and experience do you have
What sort of job are you looking for.

You will need to go online and search for jobs.The company will arrange visas. 

It is expensive to live in UB. It is a difficult country to travel around in.

For cost of living www.numbeo.com

I hope you realise that it gets very cold there too.  Minus 45C in winter.

I had no worries regarding safety when I was living there. 

It would be very hard for you to get citizenship.

Looking for Engineering or Banking jobs
Have good experience in both
Applying online is helpful?

patricbabu wrote:

Looking for Engineering or Banking jobs
Have good experience in both
Applying online is helpful?

Read my post.

I said that you need to go online to find a job.

You cannot just rock up and expect to find work.

I know that.
I do have experience in both.
I'll look into the issue. Thanks

Ge he job first, there is a fair sized Indian community here, and many have married local girls, you cannot change your visa status here so do not bother to come until you get that job. Plus on the cable TV  there are two Indian stations, good luck!

I'm not looking for girls there. I am coming to look for a job. If you hate Indians not my problem_, am only coming with one intention. GET A JOB.

I looked at my last post to you and could see nothing wrong, I have previously been married to an Indian woman (Gujerati) for some years and I have much respect for them,I just wanted to offer advice on coming to Mongolia., you must have big problems if you take things the wrong way

patricbabu wrote:

I'm not looking for girls there. I am coming to look for a job. If you hate Indians not my problem_, am only coming with one intention. GET A JOB.

Please be mindful of what you post on this forum. I suggest you read the terms and conditions of membership which can be found at the bottom of the page. 

There was nothing hateful in the reply to you.

One thing to correction. It's not expensive here, expat, foreigners just go to most expensive market.
Plus: dear patricbabu, you might have very strange behavior, it's better for you to be a better guy.

Sainuuda wrote:

One thing to correction. It's not expensive here, expat, foreigners just go to most expensive market.
Plus: dear patricbabu, you might have very strange behavior, it's better for you to be a better guy.

Sure. It was my mistake. Sorry .

I absolutely agree. The cost of living here is not high if you don't plan on living in Zaisan, eating out at Western restaurants on a regular basis, or shopping at the same three expensive grocery stores. It is more expensive to live in UB than it is in other parts of the country.

The economy is down the drain here. The mining boom was killed by stupid laws that scared 90% of investors away. The largest investment, Rio Tinto's copper mine is at a standstill because the government will not approve the underground part where 80% of the copper lies. I have lived here for 5 years and hopefully I can afford to out-wait the crisis. Mongolia in general is not safe for foreigners. The Indian Consul was almost stabbed to death just because he looks foreign. Find a REAL country. This place is corrupted as hell. No Mongolian company will give a job to a foreigner and foreign companies had to let go 80% of their expats.

A bit of an exaggeration. There are still plenty of jobs here if you aren't just here for mining, and even then, as new exploration licenses are going to be going out after being suspended, those jobs might come back again. There are plenty of foreigners who have lived here without any concerns about safety.

No he tells it as it is, folk are getting laid off wholesale, the government is laying off 1200 workers, and it is telling people  to tighten their belts, most expats in the mining sector will never come back as they do not trust the country and the Munchkin in charge. I have many Mongolian friends who have bought apartments, and with many losing their job, have a problem with a million or more a month to find, standby for a property collapse. And it is not safe anymore, I have been set upon, had my pocket picked, and the finder of my cashless wallet demanded a ransom to give back my debit cards and ID ect. Of twelve expat friends of mine from three years ago nine have gone elsewhere in the last year all will not return, the ones that remain have a Mongolian partner, or have problems back home they do not want to face up to. A good indicator of the state of play is to look at the near empty bars, and restaurants even in downtown UB I have never seen it so dead, even the #1 place in UB as recommended by trip advisor had just my party in on Saturday, and Revolution that offers English Sunday roast only had six diners enjoying the best value in UB.  DurtyDave catch me after 9.30pm on a Friday at Revolution.

I guess it's all a matter of perspective, isn't it?

1) Is it possible for expats to get a job there if they have overseas experience?
Yes, but you need to have the job confirmed and working visa approved before you fly in
If you enter if a tourist visa and find a job here, anyway you will have to leave and reenter (high cost)
Be aware that Mongolia is in recession and the golden years of 2010-12 are over now
Also government made new regulations and planned to reduce foreign employees by 30% in 2015-201

2) How is the cost of living in the country?
Expensive in UB, especially appartment rental

3) The safety of the country ? ( I know it depends on us, but just asking as it came to my mind)
Not safe for foreigner in some areas. Many pick-pockets organized in group in city center and police do not help much. In the evening, it's not recommended to go out alone

4)After working for a few years is it possible to obtain a citizenship at Mongolia?
No but yes you can settle down with visa if you marry with a Mongolia girl

Item #4  Marry a Mongolian by all means, but do not expect to stay in Mongolia if you leave your spouse, as you will break the conditions of a Family Visa, I found out the hard way, and had to return to the family with my tail between my legs!