Traveling to West Coast tomorrow-Suggestions on a Beach?

Hi, my wife and I are in La Fortuna to do some zip lining, and tomorrow (Saturday the 9th Jan) we'll be heading over to the West coast to find some beach and a hotel.
Any suggestions on where to go or see would really be appreciated. We're here for another 5 days and then back to U.S.

Thanks,
RichinTucson

try to get to quepos coco beach hotel amazing price amazing beach and an amazing park that you must see you will see the best beaches there not such a rough surf. i lived there for a short time . there is an amazing assain woman who runs the hotel and its very close to the park. beach walking distance across the street. in the am you will see monkeys!!! without going to the park!!!!! but do the park its worth it. you wont want to go home after quepos!!!

its a must do good luck have fun

Hi there, my wife and I spent a week in Tamarindo last Julie and used the town as our base camp, so to speak.  There are lots of great hotels and restaurants in town all within walking distance. If you do decide to stay there we would recommend the Argentinean Restaurant. "Sorry we can't remember the name"  We found a hotel on Bookings.com call La Palapa, which is right on the beach and a great location. Please note, this hotel is very basic but it was clean, had a small kitchenette, spotty wifi, A/C and the staff were friendly. So at $85 per night for two, including breakfast on the beach each day, we enjoyed our stay. We had room 3, so we don't know what the other rooms are like, so ask to see the room before checking in just to be sure!

I hope this is helpful, have an enjoyable and safe trip.
Regards Bob.