Chevy Avalanche for sale

I am selling my beloved Avalanche.  It is a 2002 with 90K miles.  I am the original owner and imported it with me when I moved here. It is in excellent condition.  If interested PM me.

YES I have placed a classified ad here on the forum so I figured I would post a thread as well for more exposure.

Have a great day

Bob K

Awesome Bob, post the price here too!

Asking price is $11,000 USD but negotiable to a point.

Bob K

That's a good price Bob!

Very good.  Super Carros had one listed last month with 125,000 miles for $14000 US. At this point I don't need it and would just like to get rid of it

Bob K

That seems like a lot of money for a 13 year old car.   Around here they go for $3500.   Maintained by american mechanics, driven on good roads.    I hunted around & bought a Chevy Blazer & a Ford Bronco in Moca for $2000 each.   They were checked by a good English mechanic & pronounced to be in good condition.   They were both 6 years old at the time.   Of course this was several years ago, but still 5 x times more expensive?  By the way, I doubled my investment when after detailing them including steam cleaning the engine, oil changes ect.   Your suv sounds nice, hope you find a buyer. Good luck.

Thanks and priced appropriately.  You are somewhat out of touch with what is real here.  And if  the mechanic I am thinking of he does not know crap and in fact is in c0-hoots with the dealers.  He told me the car was in great shape and that the miles were probably correct.....NOT the dealer had turned the odometer back by 100,000 miles.

Buying a used car here can be a mine field.

Bob K

Doubt the same mechanic, he had a heart attack & passed on.  You are right, I am out of touch with current prices of everything.  soon to be acquainted  with reality.  Thank you for reminding me of my ignorance.  Is there any chance that American Airlines will ever lose their monopoly at POP>  $855 for round trip from Miami in may?    Thanks again for my edification.

No sight in relief.  AA has us all here by the short hairs.

Flying to Santiago is now cheap enough that you can save money even after paying the cab fare.  That is how we are going from now on

Bob K

Cab from airport to bus station or all the way to your place?   The flight to Santiago gets in late at night, no bus service until morning.  Don't want to pay for a hotel for 5 hours.  Don't know if can wait in the bus station or not. With suitcase, carry on & laptop case not condusice to walking the streets.   Not to mention the very real potential for mischief from the miscreants that roam at night.   Will investigate, thank you for the info.   You a good dude, man.  ( a throw back to the 60's)

Taxi is $100 direct to your place.

Bob K

Versus $10 or so for the bus plus taxi from airport to bus station. Maybe flt to Puna Cana & have someone pick me up.   Plans still in a state of flux.   Thanks Bob.

Actually currently $25 from airport to bus then the cost of from bus in PP to where ever you are going so probably %60+ that way and 4 hours with connection time if you land early enough and don't have to pay for an overnight hotel vs $100 by cab and 1 hour or so.

Fling to Punta Cana and then coming to the north coast....$400 by cab.  Not a good choice.

Bob K

Bob you have it right. The cost savings is minimal unless you plan to sit and wait at the airport or the bus station!

THANK YOU BOTH

Siempre!  Hurry up and get here, its cold up there......

You are welcome.

Bob K

Some folks are pound wise and penny foolish.  It is amazing what some folks will put themselves through to save a dollar.
Bob K

Ahhhh Bob, for some it is worth it OR it is necessary. You never know.........

Planner, thank you.   Not everyone has the luxury of a decent income & bank account..  In the past I've had moderate success, such as an income of 70,000 plus in the early 1970's,2 homes, his & her Mercedes  etc.  A divorce took it all.  Devastated by the loss of custody of my son.  I decided which bus to ride through life. If I am not well off it is of my own doing & do not need to be castigated for my lack of money.   NUFF SAID!  Now on to the realities of daily living in the D.R.    Smile as I do,  every day is a gift.

I have been there and done that.  Food stamps and eating dog crackers for snacks.  Packaged ketchup from fast food places with hot water for soup and so on.

But someone coming here or coming as visitor needs to have some basic living funds.  So yes I understand having been in your shoes but to me the extra time and the small amount of money seems not worth it.

Bob K

Point is guys we just should not judge, we supply info and they decide....  its all we can do.

The next visit is to locate a permanent place to live. The trip after that is for life, as humble as it may be.   The time doesn't matter, as I have the rest of my life to accomplish my goals.  The $$ I can save is important to me.   Thanks for your input.   Have Planner send you a copy of "The Paris Review" for further info.  Thank you both & all the other folk who so generously give of their time & knowledge.  As I said before,  lets get on with life.