Looking to hire an english speaking guide/driver for visit to medellin

Hello, I am visiting Medellin on May 29th for a week with my girlfriend and we're looking for a guide to to drive us around the city and the surrounding areas.

Please respond if you can help.

Thank you!

Minsey

Welcome on Expat.com Minsey :)

I have moved your discussion to Medellin forum for effective networking.

Regards

I know a very good, honest and reliable english speaking cab driver that I use frequently. His name is Jhon (that's the correct spelling). His cell number is 311 362 4809. His landline is 492 4894. Tell him that you were reccomended by Harvey.

Thank you!

Dear Minsey,
I'm booked for until the 31st of May or June 1st but I'll be available for the rest of the week.  I kindly invite you to check out my website and see which tour or tours spark your interest.
(moderated: no free ads please)
I look forward to hearing back from you.

Andres

Hello Andres, I may be visiting Medellin for a few more days than originally thought. I have looked at your web page and I like the look of your packages! We should most certainly meet up. my e-mail address is [email protected].

drop me a line any time and we can discuss possible tours. Also do you know of any good cycling tours? my girlfriend and I are avid cyclocross cyclists and are looking for trails to do with other people. Do you know of any?

Hello Minsey,
I have e-mailed you directly to your address and yes, there are great bike tours available and very close to the city.
Regards,

Andrés

Hi Andres, :)

You can register your company in our business directory as free advertisement is not allowed on the forum.

Thank you very much.

Hello Christine,
I'm really sorry I didn't read the whole terms.  I know better now and apologize for not following the guidelines.  It won't happen again.
Regards,

Andres

I am also interested in this service. How could I get in touch? I searched at business services but there's nothing about your company. Gracias.

John

Hi John, I've been using a person by the name of Ivan, he's friendly and speaks english fairly well. His phone # is (300) 616-4907 and his e-mail address is [email protected]. When are you coming to Medellin? Are you planning on moving here?

Mat

Hi Mat,

Thank you for the info. I will email Ivan and will ask from him. It's not in my plan to move in Medellin but I'm intending to stay at least 3 months during winter time. I might try staying for 2 weeks this coming winter initially and will see if I like it.

Thanks again and hope to catch you when I'm there, for coffee and some talk, at least.

JL

Hi, I am looking for an English speaking driver for visit to Medellin in August 2-3.  We are a family of 9.

Can some one suggest or recommend anyone?

Thank you

Hello rochihong and welcome to Expat.com!

Kindly note that you are participating on a thread inactive since 2011! Hope anyways that some members still can help you out!

You sure are taking a lot of advance in your preparation!

Enjoy the New Year Eve ;)

Kenjee
Expat.com Team

You will find the answer to your question on the following link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction_R … tment.html

Hello richihong - it appears you may have already been introduced to the driver I would recommend via this string.  My husband and I have used Andres from Land Venture Travel during two separate trips to the Medellin area within the past 8 months and will always look to him first.  He's smart (great English btw), kind, patient (especially with our limited, poor Spanish) and always goes the distance to put together an itinerary to meet our desires.  He's flexible and never makes us feel like we're on a time schedule.  We've come to think of our time with him more like hanging out with a friend than being led by a tour guide.  Give him a try - you won't regret it!

Minsey - I see that you're in touch with Andres at Land Venture Travel.  Just wanted to chime in with my strong endorsement of his company's services.  My husband and I have used Land Venture for many amazing adventures in and around Medellin for the past few years.  I hope you're able to travel with them so that you can fully appreciate the beauty and vibrancy of Antioquia.