Can anyone advice me about working and living in Port Moresby?

Hello

I am Siti from Kuala Lumpur in Malaysia and is now considering a potential position to work in Port Moresby. Upon reading about PNG i am concern about security and medical facilities. When sometimes info from internet could paint a different story, can anyone advice me about working and living in Port Moresby - both from positive and negative perspective please.

Rgds

Hi Siti,
Port Moresby is the main city. A lot of security guards protect resindences and the the Police is a no play up force. The important thing is dont be at the wrong place at the wrong time. An advice is to make a lot of PNG and expat friends.We have public and private medical facilities and how you are treated in India is similar in PNG. Because of the current goverment long term plan, the Medical Facilities Standards have improved....all the best

Hi Siti,

Welcome to Expat.com :)

In order to help you to receive more responses, i have created a a new separated thread with your post on the Papua New Guinea forum.

Thanks

Priscilla  :cheers:

Hi Siti,
I am a Malaysian residing in Port Moresby for the past 2 1/2 years. Are you still in Malaysia or are already in PNG? I am sorry that I missed your query earlier. Png is a relatively safe country if you are vigilant and aware of your surroundings. It is not as bad as the media has made it out, is safer than most African country and the people are friendly and generally helpful. Medical facilities are limited but expatriates usually return to their own country for major medical.