J1 visa home loan

Hi,
We are a family of 4  and will be moving to Boston, MA at the end of March. We are all French ( though we are coming from Chile). I will be working at Harvard with a J1 visa for a few years though the visa has to be renewed every year ( I understood). We'd like to buy a house but from my initial inquiry it seems difficult to get a home loan with this J1 visa. Note that I already have a SSN and a reedit history ( though it's old since I last worked in the US in  2008).
Any one has had experience getting a home loan with a J1 visa   ? Thanks for the information,
Best,
GuestPoster8407

It might be possible to get a mortgage  once you have a good credit it might be possible never know

Your main problem is the J1 visa. This is temporary visa without any possibility of extension once it expires (2 years mandatory stay after expiration of visa) It will be suicidal for a bank to loan money unless you have big collaterals. If you are French, open an account in Bank of The West private banking and ask them to be in relation with BNP France.