Moving to jakarta

Hello

I am looking at moving to jakarta with my husband as he works there.  Just wondering what it is like for a expat and is it easy to make friends?  I am worried about being lonely  :)

Where will you be staying? There are lots of hangouts for westerners and lots of areas have get togethers etc. It will just depend on your location.

My husband stays at the shangri la Jakarta, however we will move to a apartment or house around that same area, not too far from the city

OK thats nice, very nice. You are not far from Ben hill area, Grand Indonesia mall and Senayan. So there will lots of places for you to go. You should google map Jakarta to help you understand the size of it.

Hangouts for Westerners - Aphrodites in Rasuna Kuninghan, Eastern Promise, The Irish bar - Kemang, Mollys - Senaya,  Those places will have more information about groups and social meetings. Also try the embassy as well as they often have different things organised for people.

Thanks heaps!!!

Lauren85:
Do not worry about not having friends in Jakarta because the Indonesian people are very welcoming and friendly.
And was said by luke is true, shangri la hotel located in central Jakarta so close to several malls and several apartment. Almost every day when I come home past the to shangri la hotel lol

Mia

Hi Lauren no worries about being lonely we are friends here & I would like to meet up with you & maybe some of people here it will be fun ;). As you gonna stay at Shangrilla or that area, thats cool too & my office is in that area so maybe we can have a cup of coffee hehehe