Houses to rent in Bordeaux

We have just moved to France/ Bordeaux and we are living in temporary accommodation. Could anyone please give any advice on renting a 3 bed house near or in Merignac? Our problem is that I am a Ltd company still based in England and therefore have no taxable income in France.

Many thanks
Alistair

Hi there. Saw your post and wondered whether you're looking for something right now or whether you can hold on for a few months? My boyfriend has a large (4 bed) house of c 200sqm in Montussan which he has built (nice area, very quiet and family-friendly, 1/2 acre plot), which he is just finishing off....should be ready by early summer. Montussan is 15 mins from Merignac on the Rocade. There are neighbours with children and a pool just next door.

I could send some pics if you think the area would suit? I'm also English so we could probably sort something? May be neat for you while your company is UK-based?

Just a thought! If it's of no interest, please accept my best wishes for your success in France.

Best wishes
Nicky

Hello and thanks for the reply Oystercatcher,

We are looking and require something almost immediately, but if we only manage to get something short term we will be in touch shortly.

Many thanks

Aliburnsy

Hi there
Great to hear from you....ok best of luck with the hunt. Sure you'll find something. No shortage of great houses there. My OH has also said you should have no problem renting with a UK company...and that he used to work on platforms and rigs too!

FTR his house is master bed + large ensuite on ground floor, 50m reception room with sliding doors to terrace/garden, good fitted kitchen, upstairs 2 large double and one smaller bedroom + bathroom, + large double garage, large garden + private drive.

All the best
Nicky

Hi again....sorry just had another convo with OH and he didn't realize your income situation, and said yes they normally demand iproof of income/tax paid etc. Sorry! Good luck with the search and feel free to contact me again if you don't find anything that suits...

All the best
N

we are retired americans, seniors, coming to live there permanently. initially we need a furnished apartment for about 3 months fro  sept. middle, can afford 400 to 500 euro per month.  we do not have income in france, have lived in the usa for nearly sixty years, own house, pay us taxes all these years-- can provide proof, if required.  need help from a landlord who understands our situation and generous to lend a helping hand.  very quiet, educated couple (no children), Can you halp or know someone who can help.  thanks a million.   RKC

Hello Nicky,

My husband and I are planning to move from Amsterdam to Bordeaux in May.
We might be interested in your friends house
We are looking for a place for at least half a year and we have a cat.
Thanks Monica and Frederik

Hello Monica and Frederik,

Welcome on board  :)

It's been quite a long time since Nicky posted on this thread, maybe you should add your own advert in the Housing in Bordeaux section of the website. You could get some offers.

all the very best
Bhavna

Thank you Bhavna, we will do that.

Monica, do you have ever a job??? Because without, it's impossible to find one in France, except if you can pay in once your rent for six moths.

Thanks for the info Steffifi, my husband has a job but is paid from the Netherlands. Is it a strict rule to pay 6 months in advance? That would be a way to do it.