Anyone fron Molde, Nordland or Aalesund.

if anyone related to Molde,nordland or alesund.. Can you please tell me about the place.. environment, people and work for students...

Nordland is a whole county. Is there a particular city you are interested in?

Thanks for the reply,
well at the moment i am not sure about city ... but these 3 areas are focused by me.. because i might move to one of these places so want to know as a whole.. :)

They are quite different from what I know of them. Molde and Ålesund are western Norwegian, while Nordland is northern. There are some cultural differences between these parts of the country. None of these areas have a great climate, although they are generally warmer than the east of the country and get less snow. In the north you have no proper daylight in the winter but round-the-clock sun in the summer. I have visited the main city in Nordland, Bodø, many times. I wouldn't want to live there. I have never been to Molde or Ålesund, but if I were choosing I would pick Ålesund. I have heard very nice things about it from people who have visited and who are from there. I have heard that Molde is a bit small and boring. I don't know this from personal experience though. I'm not sure about the labour market for students. As usual in Norway, speaking Norwegian is essential for the vast majority of jobs.

Hi, I moved from the UK to Nordland last year. I live in Ankenes which is about 10KM from Narvik, I love it here. Narvik has a population of around 18000 so is quite small but there are most things you need here. The weather is cold and snow most of winter but it's not as cold as people imagine and the darkness doesn't last too long in my opinion. If you like snow then it's perfect.
Culture is totally different from the UK and I've been told it's different from the south. I've no experience of student jobs but I work full time here and speak very little Norwegian but found around 95% of people speak English well and the others manage to communicate OK.
I gather the university here is good. If you don't live in a town then you need a car, I spent 2 months using the bus a good service but paying 66 NOK to travel 5 KM each way is expensive although you can get a 30 day pass for less than 1000 NOK.

hi.. Thanks for the information.. basically if i move to nordland than i might go to Bodo.. As my university department will be in Bodo.. so if it is good for living and making friends than i am ok with it. yes i might need some part time work as like for two days it could be anything to keep myself busy you know...

yes i spent around 4 years in UK so UK is totally different.. i like UK for living but moving to norway for education will be different experience as i heard the most, that it is dark country..
people are good and i hope i will make friends. At the moment i am waiting for my university admission so that can be any of these places.. i heard that Molde is boring but lets see what my admission says..

thanks

Did you apply to the Molde University?