Looking for other expectant mothers / new mums / baby & toddler groups

Hi everybody!

Originally I am from Germany, but I am living here in Sofia with my husband since March 2013. This fall, end of October 2014 we are ecpecting our first child. So I am looking for other expectant mothers or young mothers here in Sofia who are english (or german) speaking. It would be great to have nice chats and communication about being a brand new mum and how to handle it here in Sofia, where to go, what to do etc.

Maybe there is someone out there who is interested in meeting regularly, building a small baby/toddler group, doing some walks together, play dates and so on... I am also interested in some Yoga or later postnatal exercise groups.

Of course it's also nice to have a good conversation about all the world and his wife ;-) besides the babies!

I am living in the very center of Sofia, near to Doctors Garden and the park Borisova gradina.

I am very much looking forward to your replies!

See you soon and have a fantastic day,
Claudia

Hello Claudia,

I find your message interesting. I'm also a young mum, my son is 3 months old now. Unfortunately not living in Sofia but in Plovdiv. Anyway it's not so far, to meet in the afternoon with children for instance (I'll have a car soon).

My husband is working here in Plovdiv so sometimes days with a small baby are long... :)

I'm french but I speak english and little german (I lived 8 months in germany during my studies... quite long time ago but can still speak some words and u can help me reminding the language ;)

Nice to hear from you if you plan to come in Plovdiv, we may keep in touch, we never know...
See you.
Julie

Hi Julie! Thanks for your message! I already wrote you a private message here, maybe you'll have a look  :)
Looking forward to your reply! Best wishes!

Hi Claudia,

I think the IWC is organizing baby&toddler group once a week (at least 6 years ago I joined some).
You can maybe check it out : iwc-sofia.org/

Good luck !
Isabelle

Hi Isabelle, thank you very much for this note, I will check out the homepage of IWC. Greetings!

Hello,

I am Nadia, I am not an expat, but I have married one. My husband is French and we are living in Sofia. Our son is 1 year and 3 months old. I would be happy to make some new foreing friends with children. I speack English, Spanish and some French ( I am working on it and is getting better every day :) I am working, but not full day, so basically I am free in the afternoons.

I would be happy to join you if you set up any meeting. It would be also great for my son to spend some time with French speacking children. We are trying to learn him both lenguages - Bulgarian and French.

Anyway, the language is not that imporant either, it would be great for us to spend sometime in multinational enviorment, to have some chat and maybe I can also be helpfull for you with any local information on giving birth, child care, etc..

I hope to hear from you girls soon. Have a great day!
Nadia

Cheers,
Nadia

Hi Nadia,

thank you very much for your kind answer and post! I will write back a private message, ok?

Greeting, enjoy your weekend!

Good morning everyone.   My name Nou.  A native Asian American, married and moved to Sofia to be with my husband.  My son is just over 5 months old, and I am also looking to meet new people and build some friendship.  I am a stay at home mom while my husband is a massage therapist, both brand new to parenthood and is in our early 30's.   I live in the Iliden / Vardar section of Sofia right in between both the metro and train rails.  Unfortunately we speak English only in the house as my Bulgarian is non existent but I am in the process of learning the language now, my son being my motivation.  If you feel like meeting up, let me know.  I would love to meet you all.

Have a wonderful day,
Nou (pronounce like the word 'new').

Hi all girls!

Seems to be more mums in sofia than in plovdiv :-(

I'll let you know when I'll be able to come to sofia though I have found a car now! But still need to buy it and get insurance so this can take some weeks..

Enjoy meeting all together and I hope to see u soon.

Julie

Hi,

I am Gwen, from Belgium but living in Sofia, married to a Bulgarian and with a Belgarian baby girl of 3.5 months. I was in BG during the pregnancy and the birth and I can give you some information about these matters. I have now maternityleave for a year, so time to meet moms and kids.

Kind regards

Hello girls,

Nice to meet you all :)

I was out of Sofia for a while due to personal reasons. I will be happy to meet you all. I think that the city center will be the best place to meet, as I see everybody is living i different area of Sofia. In a mean while we can all share experience and any happy events or problems, incoveniences, etc... in regards to the babes/ children. For example, I was hardly trying to find convinient French child care for my son but it resulted imposible  - all off them are far from the area where we are living and from my job. Probably we will try for the French school Victor Hugo when he is 3 years old - that's the minimum age for there but it also seems very expensive. I also tried to find French baby sitter and it was also impossible, even through agency they were not able to provide one.

Hope to see you all soon. Have a great day.
Nadia

Hello everyone!!

I am so happy to receive so much answers and interest! I am so looking forward meeting you all! We should set up a date!

But: My daughter arrived early ;-) She was suprisingly born last week and we just got home from hospital. So, please give me some weeks to recover and then we start ;-) Or you all set up an meeting and I join you all when I am ready.

Enjoy the wonderful fall!
Looking forward to see you all ladies! ;-)

Greetings!
Claudia

hi all,

meeeting in the center of Sofia is indeed the easiest. When the weather is nice, Borisova gradina is an option. What about communicating via direct e-mail? (I don't check Expat.com that much)
My e-mailaddress is gwen (dot) schoeters (at) gmail

about the french daycare: no clue, but maybe the French community can help out. on Facebook there is a group called "francophones a sofia".

Gwen

Moderated by Priscilla 7 years ago
Reason : message removed - asked by the initiator
Ju Bey wrote:

Otherwise I propose Tuesday 4th of november - Borisova Gradina - 3:00pm. Is everybody ok?

:top: This is really a very good idea.

Who else would like to join this Expat.com mums gathering?

Priscilla :D

Hi ladies!

Thank you Julie for the summary, I am so happy that we have a great group of international moms here and I am looking forward meeting you all. I think Julies sugestion is perfect, let's meet on the 4th of november - Borisova Gradina - 3:00pm.

I still need some time to recover and to get used to my new life as a mom ;-) And we have a lot of family visits the next weeks, so the 4th of november  would be great for me.

By the way, my emailadress is [email protected]

See you soon!
Claudia

Hi!
There is an international baby group that meets every Tuesday from 10:00-12 noon.
We are about 40 members strong, with 6-15 women attending each week.
Let me know if you would like me to add you to the email list.

Thx for the info, you can add me to the group (gwen.schoeters (at) gmail (dot) com

Gwen

PS the 3rd of november is fine for now though i m not sure if i ll be in Sofia then.

Sounds like a great idea.  My contact information is her.kaonou(at)yahoo(dot)com

Moderated by Priscilla 7 years ago
Reason : message removed - asked by the initiator

Hello girls,
My email address is Nadezhda(dot)si(at)gmail(dot)com. Tjhancock, can you please add me to that group . I can attend meetings generally in the afternoon because I am working in the morning. However my working hours are flexible and I might be able to attend some meeting.

I am OK for the meeting in November, however maybe we should think about some warm place in case that the weather conditions are not good.

Good luck with the group, sounds like a great initiative!

If anyone is interested in having a native English woman help out with childcare, let me know!

I am 22, I moved to Sofia with my Bulgarian partner 6 weeks ago. I am trying to learn Bulgarian and get to know people here. I am looking for some childcare work mostly to try and feel more settled, and to feel like I have a life outside of my partner. I also really miss spending time with kids.
I am from Brighton in England, where I have done lots of childcare for different families. The age of the children varied from 6 months - 12 years old. I can provide references, and a CRB check (from 3 years ago). I am fully first aid trained by St Johns Ambulance in the UK.
My email is: [email protected]  - feel free to pass it on to other people you know who may want help with their kids.

Hello Everyone!

I am very happy that I found this forum on the blog. I am also an expat Mom in Sofia, I am Hungarian, my husband is Bulgarian and have a 4 months old baby boy.

Tjhancock: could you please also add me to the mailing list of the expat group of mothers with the email address [email protected]

Thank you!

Have a great one!

Cheers, Zsanett

Hello Everyone!

My husband and I are relocating to Sofia in a few weeks.  I have a 2 year old son and I am expecting a baby in April, and we will also have our dog with us!  Tjhancock, I would love to be added to the mailing list for the expat group of mothers.  My email address is:   kbibalo (at) gmail (dot) com

My husband and I just finished an expat assignment in Shanghai and we had an amazing experience with the ex-pat parents groups!  I am really looking forward to meeting people in Bulgaria!

Thank you!

Kathleen

If you want to learn the language sign up with the Bulgarians too, they do have group of mothers
Good luck

Hello Kitkat are you still doing pet transport to the uk?

Hi everyone! My name is Yana. I am a mom of a 2 years old boy. My husband is bulgarian and i'm russian.
I'd love to meet new people and have some nice time communicating.
Please add me to your mailing list. My e-mail is: yanapivovar (at) rambler.ru
Thank you.
Yana
P.S. Girls, does anyone have a wish to meet for a cup of coffee these days?

Hi Yana!

My name is Kathleen.  I will be moving to Sofia on Feb 9th and also have a 2-year old boy!  I would love to meet up for a coffee.

Best,

Kathleen

Hello!
Im a mother of a soon two be 2year old son.
im originally from Sweden but I live in Stara Zagora at the moment. Would love to meet up with some others with kids in the same age. I have a car and have no problem to drive around a bit. Anyone up for coffee?

Hello,

we are a group of 4 / 5 mums in Plovdiv, we will meet next friday (14th) il you wish to come to Plovdiv you are welcome ! I aslo plan to go to Sofia to meet the mums group of Sofia on january 28th, you can maybe join us as well. please provide your email adress so you'll be kept informed!

Have a nice WE
Julie

You mean friday 16jan?
:)
My email is [email protected], I would love to get more informations when you plan to catch up!

No i mean wednesday 14th, dorry!
I'll put you in the mailing list!

Sounds even better! Please let me know about that one, I would love to come!