Considering a move to Yemen

Hello,

I have been offered a position in Sana'a and am considering moving my family there from the UK.

My organisation have agreed to pay for a company to help with my relocation and I was wondering if anyone had any ideas of companies in Yemen that could help me with finding a house, getting settled there and anything else which would help?

I've found a number of international companies who claim to do this, but I'd rather work with someone local.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Fisal

Hi and welcome to Expat.com Fisal!

I hope other members will be able to advise you soon ;)

Regards
Armand

Hi Fisal,

The easiest way to find a house in Sanaa is to go to a real estate agent. If you know where you'd like to live, go to that area and look for the real estate agents in it, they will usually all show you the same available houses. The agents usually charge a month's rent or something like that, and they might be able to help you negotiate the lease with the landlord. 

Hope this helps. Let me know if you have any other questions and I'll try to answer them.

Mira
www.mirabaz.com

Hi
I also got a job offer there and I am looking for an apartment for monthly rental fully furnished.
Any idea plz rely ASAP.

[email protected]

Regards

I'm looking for the right place to carry out a research grant in the middle east. Yemen seems so interesting, I'm a photojournalist but my grant would be more about social living. I haven't been about to find much info about journalists in Yemen and wonder what is going on. 

I know there was protesting last year 2011 but would like to know if things have settled down.  How are feelings towards Americans such as myself- American woman?  The news is so sporadic and unreliable it's hard to know.   I would appreciate any objective and honest first hand information. I would love to come to Yemen but I also want to feel safe enough to walk down a street with my camera. thank you . please email me at   sbjorkgren    at    Yahoo.com   please feel in the spaces and change at to @. I'm trying to avoid spam. 

thanks in advance

(Moderated: No free advert/ Please register in the Sana'a business directory)

Hello community!
I've been offered long-term contract in Yemen, and consider moving there, but unfortunately it's not an accompanied position, and my company cannot help me relocate with my husband. We've started looking for work for him, so that he can legally relocate to Yemen with me, instead to flying in and out of the country as a tourist. I'd appreciate if the expat community could advise companies, organizations that look for graphical designer, or a development worked. My husband has experience working in India (as a computing trainer and English teacher for school teachers), Norway, Latvia and Armenia. He's good at computing skills and graphic design, he's also fluent in English, Russian and Latvian. He considers volunteering opportunities for the beginning as well. Please, drop me a line, if you think you can help. Thanks much!

I have been offered a visa to come to yemen for a football contract and i want to know the security situition in yemen, am a nigerian and i want to knw if its safe to come

**Situation is stable .
If you like I help you I am ready to Yemen