German national to BUC - New member introduction

German national from Berlin, 58 yrs, currently in Malta after 19 years in Asia Pacific. Malta is too small without shops; I gave up my business visa for Bangkok; hence I am looking for a city in the EU to stay.
I am planning to visit Bucharest at first early April 15 and will move there mid June.
Having an internet business and work at home, I need an apartment (2 or 3 rooms, max 500 Euro), central district (at least shopping malls and coffee shops), no risc area. My concerns are stray dogs, too much traffic congestion (less than Bangkok or Manila), corruption.
Since I speak German and English, I would like to know how to live in Bucharest with English?
Hopeful that I can meet someone in April.
I appreciate messages or emails to [email protected].
Wish evryone a successful year 2015
Ralph

Hi Ralph,

I am from Bucharest and can give you some basic info:
-apartment within 500euro range is possible
-stray dogs are still present but the number are decreasing as the city council started a year ago to collect them
-traffic is bad at the first hour in the morning and late afternoon but not so heavy as Bangkok ( Manila don't know, never been there)
-corruption exists but the authorities started last year more aggressively to fight it, at least the big corruption cases
-you can live in Bucharest speaking English, as some people do understand it, but will be more difficult to find someone who speaks German (there are some areas in Romania where exists a german speaking minority)

If I can help further please feel free to ask,

viorel

Hello Viorel,
thanks at first.  I am quite busy with my work and therefore I get back to you next week.
Wish you a nice weekend
Ralph