Thinking of Moving to Entebbe, Jinja, or Mbarara..

Any ideas on which is better? We're a family of 4. I prefer to live away from the hustle and bustle of Kampala, and I'd love scenic views.

I'm also interested in the cost of living in a smaller town. I know Kampala is expensive (if living as a Westerner), and I'm not sure that the smaller towns offer the same amenities, so it'll have to less expensive, right? But, my only thing is I need Internet.   :D

Hi..yes I hav a house on enteebe road area called seguku,,it's very quiet there,it's a three bedroom house and in a fence with a gate on.
Any interest get back to me
Thanks

Hi Matt, if you haven't made the move yet I would like to throw my 2 cents in. I live in Mbarara and love it. The cost of living is lower than Kampala and you can find anything you want. The town is growing and many businesses are setting up shop here. If you want a small town with everything, Mbarara is it.

Thanks for the reply. I haven't spent much time in Mbarara, but I'll give it a consideration. Do you know how I can find a home to rent there? And what the prices are?

The price depends on what part of town you move to. I live 4 or 5 kms from town and the rent is about a quarter of the price of Kampala and half the price as living within Mbarara town. You should be able to find a nice house a few kms from town for 500,000 UGX or less. I found my house through a local broker.

hi .excause  me ,just  wondering  hiws  dufferent  between mbarara and kampala .since i moved  to kampala around 6months,i havent. get malaria  . sorry fares .but im worry  . about it  . if in move  . to  . somewhere  . else ...

Mbarara is much more serene and calmer, no hustle bustle like Kampala is. Hope you are enjoying your stay.Also Mbarara is cheaper in it's COL. compared to the capital Kampala

Chao